Prologue ] A Killer's Confession

••●••

••●••

THE FIRST PERSON I hurt was a little boy at Sunday school who got too close for my liking and pulled one of my pigtails. 

I was three or four at the time, it's a little hard to remember. If I had to detail it, a pencil and an ear was involved. 

The first person I killed was my gymnastics coach who lowered his hand too far when adjusting my position on the beam - so stabbing him through the neck with a pair of scissors in defence and then crying when parents came running over was what I think he had coming. 

I do remember my age then, however. 

I was nine. 

The scissors were on a nearby table that held the chalk, and after being molested by him for the tenth time that year, they were looking oh too irresistible.

I guess after my first kill, other things that had blood in their description starting looking more alluring as well. The satisfaction brought to me when killing my coach was a satisfaction greater than the world's sweetest liquor. 

I couldn't stop at just him. 

Practice started with small insects. Then birds. Then my neighbour's dog. 

Each one of their bodies were thrown in the trash, or buried somewhere in my backyard. Simple enough for a nine year old to do, and yet also not important enough for people to start searching. 

At thirteen I was almost done with middle school. Science, like usual, was a bore...until I learnt about the Deadly Nightshade. 

My science teacher was enthusiastically teaching a lesson when the plant came up. It could be considered comedic how quickly my attention averted from picking my nails and the speed at which my ears perked up. 

One of my biggest issues when planning a fantasy kill was that I didn't want to get caught

Because of my paranoia, I had thought of every single way I could get caught - and one of the biggest failures for other killers; was the internet. 

Poison was my first route when I was planning. But for that; I'd have to do research. And where research is conducted, digital footprints are left. Hence the internet being a hefty weight in my schemes. 

But if I were learning about it in class? Well I could just rely on my teacher's words instead of a computer. That way, the information I gathered wouldn't leave a trail. 

The Deadly Nightshade was such an ironic plant. 

It had one of the most deadliest titles globally when it came to flora, but at the same time, the most beautiful purple petals ever seen. 

The problem with the plant, was that it wasn't available for a kid my age. I also couldn't just go out hiking and find the plant since it was native to England.