5.4 ] My Choice

••●••

••●••

"WHO DO YOU think he's going to make us kill tomorrow?" Vika asks me, laid on the grass beside me as we look up at the stars. We tried to spot astrology shit but ended up only being able to make out dogs and other animals. 

"I wouldn't mind doing some more sex traffickers." I hum.

"You wouldn't mind?" She repeats with a scoff.

"I'd be more enthusiastic if it wasn't for the last time we did it and you got shot." I turn my head to face her, sending a nasty glare.

She puts her hands up in defence but they just hit against the grass behind her, "Whatever. My bad."

"Show me." I say.

"Huh?"

"Your wound. I wanna see how it's healing up." I sit up, grabbing her shirt. 

"Jesus woman, just let me sit up." She huffs, shuffling as she sits up to be eye level with me. Once she is, she begrudgingly lifts her shirt. I look at Reign's stitches - hate that I'm impressed by them - and then hum to myself. 

"I'll need to change them next week." She clears her throat. 

"We can ask Reign." 

"I mean I will - you'll probably chop his head off if you have to be in a conversation with him longer than three minutes." She pokes my forehead. 

To be fair I managed to be in a pretty long conversation with him today. After Heather and I laughed our asses off in reaction to his little debate with Lincoln. 

"Who do you think the leak is?" I ask. 

"The leak?"

"We still haven't caught the person who let the Victors know we were there." I say. 

"I mean it has to be someone in Team X right? I just...well, we thought Margeux. But then she came back after killing them all. The next most suspicious person is Reign - I just don't see any reasoning, although he is smart enough to get away with it." Vika thinks out loud.

"It could be Liam." I shrug, "I dunno. Maybe the situation solved itself when he died."

"Hey," She nudges my shoulder, "Don't try and do that to make yourself feel better about him being gone. It's Liam. He wouldn't." 

"Yeah." I whisper. Man, fuck Margeux. 

"He'd definitely kill us for not killing her in return." She chuckles. 

"If only it were that simple." I mutter.

"Margeux says he went for her." Vika says.

"I know."

"Do you believe her?"

I pause to think, "It is a Liam move."

"He's a fucking menace." She chuckles.