1.2 ] Miracle Girl

••●••

••●••

SASHA NYMAN HAS never been late to a Team X meeting - let alone missed out on one. 

"Have you seen Sasha?" I whisper to Vika beside me whilst Director Hayes lectures us about keeping an orderly conduct when around people outside of this place. 

"Who cares? It's Ash. She's doing whatever." Vika growls lowly to me, probably moody from the early morning. 

There's obviously something bothering her. I'm close with her - but no one here is close enough with her to ask what's bothering her. 

Vika is, well, to put it frankly, terrifying. Grumpy. Always tired. 

With her dark olive skin and dark brown eyes, Vika manages to radiate dark energy carelessly. She wears a dark race car jacket, thin fox eyeliner and has wavy dark hair that barely goes past her shoulders.

Even if you didn't know her, you'd think she's scary. 

Whilst scanning the room, my eyes land on two familiar and undeserving souls. 

Margeux Price. The girl who murdered one guy and magically made it onto this team. 

And then Reign Hayes. A selfish brat who...did that. I thought that when he left, he would have left for good. The point of leaving is to stay gone.

"Your next mission," I finally decide to listen in on our current meeting, "Is to deal with Ian Dickens. He's been making quite the fuss over his brother's death. Saying it's a murder."

"So?" Odyssey speaks up, "It quite obviously is a murder based off of the puncture in his throat."

"I know," Director Hayes' nods, "The issue is that he's blaming it on the government. He's saying they needed him out because of all the land they were obtaining."

"...and?" Odyssey urges. 

"And our job is to keep the government as quiet as necessary," Hayes eyes her, "Ian making a fuss in the media is something you all will have to deal with."

The lot of us stand up abruptly when he begins to leave, something he often does to conclude his meetings. 

Once he's gone chatter starts to arise - people guessing what we'll have to do, others joking and yelling childishly.

I'm guessing we'll have to kill him. Maybe make it look like a suicide - the poor brother couldn't dare to live without his other half? Or perhaps a faked overdose. People with his standing and money try all drugs. They think the green in their pockets makes them immune to it.

"Why don't we leave this one to the new girl?" Liam - a more rebellious person on Team X speaks up, eyeing Margeux like she's his prey. 

Surprising me - and yet also boring me - Margeux ignores him, leaning back in her chair. 

"Come on miracle," Liam nicknames her as he nudges her chair with his foot, "If you were able to take down his brother - he shouldn't be so hard."

People chuckle lowly around the room at that, playing into Liam's brash teasing. 

Margeux still ignores him.

This seems to anger Liam. 

"Hey brat-"

"Don't you have children to be stalking?" All eyes turn to Reign, "Or are you too busy trying to establish wrongful dominance to the newbie?"

One thing about Reign is his carelessness. It's unmatched. 

"What did you just say?" Liam growls as he steps towards a leaning Reign, trying his best to size him up. 

"First I called you a pedophile - and then I called you out for having a superiority complex." Reign hums. 

That gets Liam. It has him raising his fist and swinging. 

But someone's quicker.

I'm weirdly relieved to see Vika standing in front of Reign suddenly, holding Liam's struggling fist in her composed hand. 

"You'll get blood on the floor," Is all she says, "I eat in here." 

And with that, Vika's concluded the rest of the meeting Director Hayes couldn't. 

Our first meeting as a group just ended terribly. 

Go team. 

••●••

Go team:

- Juana.