8.1 ] Beginning Of The End

••●••

••●••

SHE'S STANDING THERE safe, healing my beating heart - but then so is he, Reign, a childhood friend I thought i lost at least a million times, finally here and looking somewhat calm. 

Elliot doesn't say anything in relation to seeing Reign in the McDonald's parking lot, but I can tell he's also relieved. Elliot and Reign will never have the friendship they had when we were all younger. But they'll always hold a piece of that worry for each other. 

Our group has a plethora of emotions circling between us. That doesn't stop me from running forward and pulling Reign and Margeux into a hug. Margeux returns it. And after a moment, so does Reign. 

"What are you guys wearing?" Is my first question when I pull out. 

"We were in jail." Reign shrugs. 

"What?!"

"Yeah, I didn't even leave the country until Margeux was there and then so was my dad and his men." Reign explains shortly. 

"Wait, wait, wait..." I shake my head, "So that was Margeux's mission? To locate Reign?"

"To kill him." She corrects. 

"Oh." I say dumbfounded.

"And she was going to." Reign adds, eyeing Margeux with small suspicion. 

She grins, "You made it up to me."

"Why would your dad....what?" I feel exasperated and short of breath. Confused, definitely. Unsure how to move forward. 

"He didn't want me leaving, and I didn't want to stay with a liar." Reign shrugs ,"His solution was to imprison me. And when Margeux picked her side, he put her in as well."

"So how did you escape? How are you even here-"

"Prison escape, clearly." Margeux jokes. We all stare at her in utter shock before she clears her throat, "Yeah...literally."

"My dad sent someone in to kill us. I noticed just in time and there was a shoot out. We ducked under the table quick enough for them all to kill each other." Reign further explains that statement. 

"Why would your dad want to kill you?!" I blurt. 

"Oh...I mean it's not that big of a-"

"He talked to the FBI." Margeux jabs a thumb at Reign, interrupting him. 

He WHAT.

You never talk to the FBI. That's rule number one. ou don't do that. No matter what. It's a suicide mission, it's corrupt, it's petty, it's....

Petty. It's petty. That's why he did it because he's a fucking idiot and he's the pettiest person I know and-

"You fucking idiot." Elliot says my own words out loud.