1.8 ] Change In Plans

••●••

••●••

IAN DICKENS JUST finished a round of poker. According to Sasha.

She wants me to elaborately pick out a dress he'll like, sneak into the bar, catch his eyes across the room - yeah, it goes on. And you see, as much as I believe in her...

been there, done that.

She's right. I know Sasha is smart. That would have worked.

But it's boring.

And I'd much prefer a different approach instead of a repeat of Callum Dickens. Brothers dying the same death is poetic, but falling for different versions of the same girl? Now that's even better.

So instead of catching him in the bar, I'm going to catch him outside of it.

I did a small amount of research on Ian. Unlike his brother, he likes a challenge. That's what I'll give him.

Will it work? I have no idea. Will Sasha be mad if it doesn't because I completely ignored her orders? Probably. But I didn't join Team X so that I could thrive in this area of work or so that I could find out the government's deepest, darkest, secrets.

I joined, because I like to kill. And not just kill in general - to kill in different ways.

So. Like I said. Here I am. Outside the bar.

Ian looks like a slightly taller, slightly darker haired version of his brother. He has that same cockiness - I can tell by looking at him once - and he has that same entitlement. I can tell by the rudeness.

I'm currently wearing a tube top with a sports jacket and a leather skirt. An easy outfit. Easy to lure unsuspecting men.

But maybe Ian will be cautious. That is considering all the statements he's posting on twitter and the interviews he's giving on the news.

Not for long though.

With a cigarette between my teeth, I watch him, passing as some girl in need of a break outside and away from her friends. He's some distance down the pathway, security surrounding him. I can't just walk up to him. I'll have to lure him in.

And so I give him a taste.

"Excuse me," I tap one of the security guards' shoulders, "Sorry to bother - but do you know of any bus stops near here? I'm leaving early and my ride still wants to stay with my other friends."

It's good enough. The excuse. It could be anything really. It just has to be enough to make Ian get a glimpse of me.

"There's one down Arlington Street which is only a five minute walk from here..." I tune out the security guards' words, thinking of my next move.

Ian is looking at me now. So at least that's worked. He doesn't seem interested yet, but he does seem to be listening as if curious enough and bored enough.