5.3 ] Easier

••●••

••●••

"YOU SURE YOU don't want to go with them? It's not too late, I can drop you off at Marlowe Kali's place." Reign tells me once everyone's left. 

"I don't really like parties." I shrug, "Besides I wanted to train instead."

"Train?" He repeats. 

"I wanted to train again like we used to. Back at the dorms." I nod. 

"You spent hours sitting in that auditorium and now...you want to train?" He looks at me like I'm possessed or someone different.

"Yes silly, that's what I said." I roll my eyes. 

"I don't think you need my training anymore." He folds his arms, "You took out half of the Victors on your own."

"Losers."

"Huh?"

"I'm starting a thing where we call the Victors the Losers instead." I wave a hand.

"Cute."

"Very." I nod. 

He bites the inside of his cheek before shrugging and walking past me, "We can spar if you want."

"Really?" I'm kind of surprised by how easily he's given in. 

"Yeah. You're good but you're not better than me." He continues walking with me in tow. 

"I mean we'll see." I shrug. 

"No knives. No weapons. Sparring. You really think you can beat me in that?" He turns his head to ask.

"I'm good at sparring." I defend.

"I know." He hums.

"You're incredibly cocky." I frown.

"And you've never seen me fight."

"I mean...you took down Liam that one time." I shrug.

"And that was nothing." He huffs. 

"I don't think I'm better than you," I shake my head, "I just think I'm luckier."

"Yeah that's why you're called Miracle Girl." He grins. And usually I'd bark back at a response like that, but it's from him, and he rarely grins let alone smile, so I take it easy on him. 

"Even a miracle can work on you, Reign." I hum. 

"Yeah well it hasn't happened yet so we'll see." He returns.

I guess we'll see then. 

••●••

In a way, Reign and I escaped work tonight to just...do more work. Training here is considered part of the job. It's a large component of what you do I've learnt.