5.1 ] Calm Before The...

••●••

••●••

TURNS OUT THERE'S more to us staying behind than just Reign getting scolded for entertaining an argument. Which was entertaining in itself. To watch Reign roll his eyes and lean against a wall as his dad lectured him in front of all of us. 

"There are some people we need you to eliminate," Hayes tells us after he's done berating his son, "You can get on it tomorrow - I won't take any after parties away from you."

"Oh, good." Sasha mutters quietly. I'm surprised she's even going. 

"It's okay," Heather is the first to speak when she shakes her head, "I was just going to go back to the dorms. You can send the names over to me and I'll get on it early."

"Will do." Hayes nods to her before looking to everyone else, "What about the rest of you?"

"I'm partying." Sasha says quickly - probably wanting to get her status in so she can leave. 

"If Sasha is I will." Vika shrugs, "Odyssey will come with me."

"I wanted to sleep-"

"Odyssey will be with me." Vika repeats. That silences Odyssey. 

"You can send me the names," Keagen sighs, "I'm not going to any parties as well."

"Oh! If I have to go, Elliot's coming." Odyssey raises a finger.

"What-"

"You're coming."

"I don't-"

"Okay so that's me, Sasha, Elliot and Odyssey going. What about you two?" Vika interrupts (having made my decision for me apparently) and faces Margeux and Reign. 

Reign looks to Margeux as if wondering what she picks. She does the same to him. He murmurs something to her, she murmurs something back with a shrug, and he faces us again, "Yeah, we'll go."

"Alright." Hayes claps his hands together, "Keagen and Heather - you guys will get those files tonight. The rest of you, expect them tomorrow."

We all nod in understanding, saying goodbye when he turns to leave - probably going home to his husband and falling asleep right away. Something tells me Director Hayes doesn't like parties. Just a hunch. 

"Didn't know you guys were the party type." Odyssey says to Reign and Margeux when the six of us are alone. 

"We're not." Reign says simply. 

"So why the change?"

"There's no change," Margeux shrugs and crosses her arms, "Just don't want to work." 

"So...you're not actually going to any parties?" I ask. 

"Nope." She shakes her head.

"Why?" Sasha frowns, "I wanna know if you're a lightweight or not, I've never drank with you."