5.5 ] Team X Intervention

••●••

••●••

A GOOD PORTION of Team X is definitely hungover, like I predicted, and as much as they want to deny it. Myself, Margeux, Heather and Keagen are the only sober ones in the room right now as my dad quickly briefs us on our next case, answering any questions.

Usually we have at least a few questions.

Not today.

Today, people are too busy being tied or too busy wanting to die from their alcohol infused headache. Luckily for me, I am in neither of those groups. I am in the group that wants to hurry up and get started. 

"Only five people right?" Sasha asks aloud, standing up from her chair in a way that indicates to my father 'Hey! We're ready to go. You can leave. We want to get this done.'

"Five. None can fight." My father nods.

"You think they're the leaks?" I ask him to be sure.

"We're positive." He nods. 

Positive is such a stupid word for certain. Because most of the time people who say it aren't even positive, they're negative and wrong. But whatever. Let's see if this case comes to bite us in the ass. I know who I'll blame. 

"Then let's fucking go." I mutter. 

"Yeah, yeah." Dad rolls his eyes, "I'm leaving. Reign, come to my office when you're all done to update me."

"Mmhm." I sigh, waiting for him to leave. When he finally does, Margeux sits up from where she was seated next to Sasha. I'm guessing it's nice to have someone who doesn't look at you like the rest do. I almost had that with Sasha. We were almost friends again. But she was too late, and I was too stubborn. At least Margeux has it. 

Margeux walks over to me with a smile, hands behind her back before she stops in front of me and grins. 

"You the leader now?" She asks.

I raise a brow, "Of what?"

"The team." She answers, "After your performance I think you've become a favourite."

"Wow, I'm honoured." I say sarcastically. I never cared for what people thought of me. Most of the time. 

"Don't worry, you were always my favourite." She hums.

She's joking but I still like hearing her say it, "Always?"

"Yeah from the moment you stepped up to my door and threatened me of a crime." She chuckles. 

I roll my eyes, "Was I wrong?"

"No." She whispers.

"It's fine, I like it when you kill people." I put my hands in the pockets of my jacket. 

"Yeah?" Her eyes jolt up from my hands to my eyes. 

"Yeah." I confirm a little breathlessly. 

"Let's get this shit done by midday so we can sleep until tomorrow." A voice interrupts something I didn't even realise could be interrupted. Margeux steps to the side beside me when Keagen comes up to us, and for some reason, I think I truly hate him.