4.3 ] Come With Me

••●••

••●••

MARGEUX DOESN'T COME to our dorm room. Understandably so I guess. I still wanted to see her. Check in on her. Or maybe not if we find out the history behind the events tonight. 

Margeux is a friend of mine. I consider her that. But the thing is - so is Liam. Was Liam. And I've known him much longer. But because I've known him much longer - I also know he can take it to the extreme. 

In a weird way, I hope he tried to hurt her. Only so I have a reason to comfort her. Because if he didn't - if she killed him unprompted - I'd have to do some things I don't like doing. 

Drop her. Perhaps hurt her back. 

When Reign killed Jeremiah, I had the same feeling. Everyone knew Jeremiah. He was calm, outgoing, collected. I'd say I was good friends with him. Then one of my other friends killed him. And friendships seemed so small and complex at the time - picking sides - so I only felt anger for the friend I lost. Not the one who was still alive and hurting.

I think that was my biggest mistake with Reign. We were close friends And then I picked anger over whatever his side of the story was. It was too late by the time I tried to reach out to him. He'd already changed.

"Why did he go to the showers?" Odyssey asks out loud.

"He's an idiot for that." Vika mutters, "We just saw her covered in blood and he went to provoke her."

"God if he wasn't such an idiot he would be alive - if he just fucking pulled himself together we'd still have him -  I just-" Odyssey cuts herself off in frustration.

Odyssey mourns a little differently to the rest of us. She doesn't cry on the spot. She gets angry. She yells. And then, a month later, maybe a year, she breaks down. She cries. Properly. Her and Jeremiah had been close - the two of them started here at the same time after all. And when she lost the person she thought understood her, she got angry.

And I mean really angry. Reign had a bruise on his jaw, and if we had seen him again after the incident I would place a bet saying that bruise lasted longer than a month. 

A couple weeks later I found her in a training room. Absolutely demolishing a punching bag. The moment she heard my voice in that room she completely broke. She was a sobbing mess, collapsed in my arms. 

I think that's when Odyssey and I became friends. Not coworkers. And eventually, we cracked Vika's shell. She'd been rooming with us - a grumpy one, with zero outgoingness - but still, we get little moments of her. And we're okay with that. 

Finally Odyssey sighs, "This is like Jeremiah again."

I'm surprised she's talking about him so calmly. No anger, just exhaustion. 

"I'm sure Margeux and Reign's cases are different." I point out. 

"We don't know Reign's case." Odyssey states.