8.3 ] Dickhead Tyrants

••●••

••●••

LAST NIGHT WAS spent planning. And also catching up. Mingling. Sort of expecting that if the worst is to come - we should be doing what we want. 

But now it's morning. And today we're finding a certain somebody we hope we can help. 

We mostly were relying on Heather's hacking. She's good. Not amazing. But good. All we have to work with. Now that Reign is back though? The fucking creepy maniac can probably get the big bosses name with little information. 

So as angry as I am with him - I'm grateful he's here. 

Reign not be able to hack the way Heather does, but he is the one who figured out Margeux killed Calumn Dickens through only a split few seconds of security footage and what I like to call his alien vision. 

Reign and Margeux don't return to the Team X building obviously. We couldn't have that with Director Hayes out for them and all. I'm sure he knows they've escaped by now though. 

So the morning after the McDonald's ruiniting, we meet up at the one place we can meet up. 

Antonio's dock. 

And let's just say...he's quite surprised to see the group of us - all of Team X. Minus Liam. And a while ago, minus Jeremiah. 

Reign and Antonio murmur in low voices off by the side while the rest of us sit in Antonio's office. Antonio then minds his own business and walks off as Reign returns to us. 

"He says he won't fight with us, but he won't bat an eye at any planning we do." Reign shrugs. 

"He owes it to you after he let me find out where you were hiding." Margeux shrugs. 

"Yeah - how did you do that exactly?" Reign asks sounding sort of intrigued.

"Acted." She shrugs. 

"Heather found out how to reach your dad's boss," I say, "Well...sort of. We don't have his name yet but-"

"Dexter Brown." Reign shrugs. 

Oh fuck him he already knew. 

"How long have you known that?" Odyssey squints at him. 

"Couple years." Reign shrugs. 

A couple of years. Great. Yeah no, that's perfect. Want to know what would have been better? It Mr. Fucking Nancy Drew decided to tell us two years ago. 

"H-how did...what-"

"It wasn't important back then." Reign shrugs, "Now it is."

I hate him. But he's super fucking convenient. 

"You really just like hiding things from us, don't you?" Odyssey says, a tone to her voice that I don't think should be explored just yet. 

There's a silence in the room then. Because we still don't know. Odyssey still doesn't know. There will forever be that underlying tension of what happened all that time ago, what Reign did, how it affected Odyssey, and we'll never come back from it. Not even while we're trying to plan the death of our tyrant boss.