6.3 ] Drunk & Dramatic

••●••

••●••

MY FIRST DAY here was scary. Obviously. I was working for secret parts of the government that were meant to help keep the government's reputation safe, but were simultaneously working behind the government's back. If that makes sense. And I was expected to kill people. 

No one stopped by to help me. With directions or to show me around. I had to figure all that out on my own. I wasn't on Team X yet, and so because of that - I was practically irrelevant. 

Until one day, someone came up to me, wearing a smile that adorned his face. 

Jeremiah Jameson was one of the best people I knew. He helped around with everyone - constantly had a smile on his face, but he wasn't a pushover. He'd fight when necessary. He was also there for my first kill. He was my first friend. 

Shortly after I had done enough work to get me boosted right up to Team X (completely skipping Team Y much to their disapproval). 

I made friends like Reign, Sasha, and Elliot. Vika was alright. She didn't like anyone at all though. I guess maybe she could have if I put the effort in earlier. But I didn't. It's probably one of the only things I'll ever regret about my time here at the start. 

What were friends felt like a family. Heather made sure I was eating. Liam always stood up for me when someone from Team Y would make a comment. Keagen offered my many things, that I didn't need, but the message was clear. He was a friend. Family. 

A tight knit, proper, real family .

The nine of us - even Vika - were a package deal. Everything was great. 

And then Reign bashed Jeremiah's head into the wall just hard enough that his life stopped in a heartbeat. I absolutely fucking lost it at that. Because in result I lost both Jeremiah and Reign. The family of nine became seven. And the seven of us were never the same anyway. 

Reign left. After I punched him and bruised his jaw pretty heavily. No one had anything good to say to him. I could never come up with a good enough reason as to why he did what he did. Still to this day I can't. Even after he's opened up again. Become somewhat soft...as soft as Reign Hayes does. 

At least the family - despite the chaos of it all - was more cosy. Comfortable again. 

Then Reign fucked off and put everyone in a sour mood, all over again. He really is the reason for all my problems.

I'm more upset at myself though. Because I didn't use the time with him I had to ask the questions that mattered. Like the why. Why did he do it. I never had the guts to ask before - even when he tried to prompt it out of me. 

Now I do. 

Did. 

Because he's gone. All over again. No more sarcastic or narcissistic comments. No more annihilating the shit out of Team Y verbally. No more frustrating everyone (okay maybe just me) with how smart he is.