5.2 ] Storm

••●••

••●••

MARLOWE KALI HAS never really been the most important person working for Director Hayes. But she damn well throws the best god damn parties out of all the ten thousand people we were just roomed with. 

One year, someone set of fireworks underwater in her pool and sprayed all the people in her backyard with sprinkles of water carrying fire. It was terrible but fucking amazing - you had to be there. 

Another time, two guys showed up dressed up as White Chicks and gave us a whole performance choreographed directly from the movie before proceeding to transition into strip teasing every person they laid eyes on. Again. Iconic. 

We can hear the party from the bus stop we get off at, wild noises and wild happenings all twisted into one giant mess of a gathering. 

"We probably should have pregamed this shit." Vika sighs.

"What - on the bus?" Odyssey scoffs. 

"Maybe during Check Up Day." She shrugs.

"Wait we should actually start doing that now, why haven't I thought of that? ELLIOT! Can we get drunk next Check Up Day?" Odyssey rambles, running up and hitting Elliot's shoulder. 

"Yeah, yeah, you bring the drinks though." He mumbles, pushing her off of him. Odyssey only takes that as an invitation to jump on his back and annoy the shit out of him. Elliot struggles at first but ultimately sighs and hoists her up higher. They've always been good friends. They'll always have fragments of a friendship Elliot and I never could. 

Maybe it's good that we're all fucked up right now. Maybe we were always meant to fall out. 

"We should probably address the elephant in the room." Vika clears her throat as we walk down the street towards Kali's house. We have a bit to go but we can hear the chaos from here and I think I can see neon lights peering over the horizon. 

"We're not in a room." Elliot huffs, slapping Odyssey's hand away when she tries to pull his hair. 

"Are you and Sasha like not friends anymore? Do we have to pretend you are until you make up? What happened?" Vika gets right into it. 

"Uh..." Elliot trails off. Odyssey doesn't say anything either. Which tells me she either doesn't care or already knows. And this is something she'd care about. So she already knows.

"He kissed me and then left me in a KFC parking lot." I say deadpan, not hesitating to hide the truth. 

"You guys kissed?" Vika repeats. 

"I thought Odyssey would have told you." Elliot says.

"Oh and you told Odyssey?" I scoff. 

"Guys, guys, let's calm down." Odyssey hops off from Elliot's back and starts walking backwards as she faces us all. "It's not that big of a deal, we all knew it was going to happen, Vika you owe me twenty bucks."