Chapter:20

Taehyung's POV:

I slowly turned the door handle and pushed the door open, my heart racing with anticipation. I peeked inside, my eyes scanning the room for any sign of movement. Jungkook lay on his bed, his back facing me, his chest rising and falling with each gentle breath. I held my own breath, wondering if he was truly asleep or just pretending.

"Kook!" I called out, my voice barely above a whisper. But it was shaky and uncertain, like a leaf trembling in the wind. I winced, feeling a lump form in my throat. I wasn't crying, no, I wasn't. But my voice betrayed me, revealing the emotions I tried to keep hidden.

I stepped inside, my feet sinking into the plush carpet. The room was dimly lit, the only light coming from the moon outside, casting a delightful glow on Jungkook's peaceful face. I approached him cautiously, my heart pounding in my chest.

 Why was I so nervous? We'd been friends for years, shared countless memories, and yet, this moment felt different.

Perhaps it was the kiss we shared, the way our lips touched, sending sparks through my entire being. Or maybe it was the words I spoke afterwards, the ones that pierced my heart as I uttered them. Whatever it was, I felt like I was standing on shaky ground, unsure of what lay ahead.

I reached the other side of the bed and gazed down at Jungkook's sleeping form. His face was serene, his features relaxed, his eyelashes casting a shadow on his cheeks. I itched to reach out, to stroke his hair, to feel the softness of his strands between my fingers. But I resisted, my hand hovering above his head like a hesitant bird.

How did he do it? How did he carry my heart in his hand without even realizing it? The thought sent a pang through my chest, a mix of longing and frustration. 

I sighed, a fleeting wave of relief suddenly washing over me. He was asleep, unaware of my turmoil. It was easier to talk to him like this, without his sincere gaze, the probing questions.

But as I stood there, my mind began to race. What if he woke up? What if he saw the emotions written all over my face? I ran a hand through my hair, feeling the strands tangling between my fingers.

God, I have gone crazy. Crazy for him, crazy for us, crazy for this impossible situation. 

I sit on the bed with caution, my eyes fixed on the peaceful figure before me. My mind is torn between waking him up and letting him sleep.

 As I stare at him, I notice the subtle changes in his features. He looks less like a teenager now, and more like a young adult. The thought sends a pang of nostalgia through my heart. It won't be long before he's a full-grown man, and the realization fills me with a mix of emotions.

My wolf stirs within me, voicing his own thoughts. "We don't want him to grow up, do we? We want to keep him safe, like a little bean." 

That's right but I also have the desire to see him happy and fulfilled. I want him to have a family of his own, to experience the joy of having pups. Even if my heart protests, I'll push through the pain. After all, my heart belongs to him anyway.

My fingers trace the scar on his cheek, memories flooding my mind. I remember the fight he got into with another kid. I recall the fury that burned within me, the need to protect him at all costs. Mama had to intervene, pulling me off the other kid before I did any real damage. "You're going to kill him, Tae," she had said, her voice laced with concern. But in that moment, I couldn't help myself. I would do anything to keep him safe. 

As I backed away, a tiny figure emerged from nowhere, a five-year-old Jungkook with a bleeding cheek and tears in his eyes. He pleaded with me to leave the other kid alone, revealing that he was the one who started the fight. My heart ached at the sight of his wounded cheek, but I knew I had to prioritize him. Later in the room, I gently took him in my arms and bandaged his wound, trying to soothe his tears away.