Chapter:37

Dedicated to christinaparry9
Stay strong love <3

________________

Author's POV:

Jungkook woke up at the sound of soft whimpers causing him to abrupty turn around and check up on his mate.

Tae had his back to Jungkook and was laying at the furthest corner of bed, curled up into himself.

Jungkook tenderly shook his shoulder to see if he's awake.

"Honey?" He murmured, squeezing his arm gently however the other didn't move.

Constant whimpers were leaving his mouth.

"K-kook don't leave me. Not y-you too. M-my baby left. K-kook..." he sobbed as his one arm was under his head while the other arm clutched his stomach.

Eyes closed and painful noises from his mouth, not halting for even a second, Jungkook felt like someone was ripping his heart out of his rib cage, breaking all the bones coming in the way..

That's how much agony, he felt at witnessing Tae's state.

He covered Tae's shaking arm that was on his stomach with his own.

A small sad smile made its way to his face...

"Shh. Love. It's just a dream. I am here. Come to me" he whispered, his hands soothingly rubbing Tae's stomach but he knew the pain Tae was feeling is not in his stomach but in his heart..

Tae's sobs turned into sniffles and he slowly, very slowly around and scooted closer to Kook.

He blinked his eyes open as he felt himself being pulled more into his mate's protective embrace.

Jungkook looked back at him, laced his fingers with Tae's and brought their intertwined hands to his mouth, kissing Tae's side of hand.

All the while Tae kept quiet.

"My strong love" he joins his forehead with Tae's at which both of them close their eyes. "So so strong" Jungkook whispers, placing his lips on his mate's forehead several times.

Tae shakes his head "not strong at all" he mumbles as he places his cheek over his mate's heart.

Jungkook pulls him on top of him, circling his arms tightly around him. He laid quietly for such a long time that Jungkook thought he might have slept but after a few minutes, Tae's grip around Jungkook grows desparate, he tilts his head so that it's completely buried in Jungkook's shirt and his shoulders begin to shake as he start crying.
"T-too much p-pain.. C-can't bear it Kook.. why me!? What did I do wrong to d-deserve this?"

It's not a silent cry at all. His heart wrenching wails and sobs feel like a sqeeze to Jungkook's heart, hurting him badly.

"Will my arms always be empty K-Kook? Lacking of our baby to hold and rock."

A part of him wants to request Tae to stop crying, to stop asking these questions, as it's getting unbearable for Jungkook to see his mate like this. But a part of him knows, Just like he had done, Tae also needs to let his sorrow out completely. Otherwise he will never be able to recover from it.

"Let it all out Tae, because from this day onwards I won't allow you to have a single drop of grief in your eyes."

After a while, when he was sure Tae has pulled himself together, Jungkook lifted him off his chest and lowered him on the bed to lie next to him. His eyes were still red but he was not crying now. Tae reaches to Jungkook's face and brushes away the strand of hair, looking at him appreciatively.