Chapter:30

For pooja0130

Your comments are everything!

_____________

Taehyung's POV:

"Your birthday gift"

I feel the excitement bubbling in me.

The only thing I look forward to on my birthdays is Kookie's gift. Every year he gives me something that feels like the most beautiful gift ever but the very next year his own gift breaks the record.As much as I try to return the favor on his birthdays, I can never compete to his gifts. They are just so...precious..

I can't help but feel giddy all over again now that he mentioned my gift. After whatever happened he still kept that in mind. My heart swells in adoration for him and I didn't realize when I had placed a peck on his cheek.

"There are two this year" he mumbles.

I beam.
"I would give you a thousand pecks, if it means the number of gifts gets doubled after each one" I say

A small smile stretches across his face "sorry to break it to you but there are only two" he takes my hand "Come with me" he says leading me towards the main hall.

I wonder what this gift is going to be..

As soon as we reach the door of the hall. He asks me to close my eyes. So I do. As a matter of fact, I love surprises. We don't have a blindfold so Jungkook places both of his hands on my eyes. And asks me to open the door since his hands are busy.
I do.

But there is nothing. I mean of course yeah my eyes are closed but my all other senses are active. There is no sound if it's a party, nor I can smell the presence of anyone.

"I am removing my hands but don't open your eyes yet" Kook says.

"Okay"

What could it be?

What could it be?

What could it be?

'Open your eyes' he links after what felt like an eternity.

But the moment I open my eyes,

I see

Nothing!?

Whole hall is dark.

"Kook?" I call out but no response.
Is it surprise? Where is he?

I turn on my heels, to find the door to get some light in or just get out of here and if it's a prank, probably not talk to him for another month.

I sigh in relief once my hand catches the door handle. It's just I am not a fan of complete darkness. It triggers my anxiety. But before I could open it, the lights get turned on.

I turn around.
My hand fly to cover my mouth as a gasp escaped pass my lips.

I witness the most beautiful decorations I have ever seen.

And there he was. The most beautiful person standing right in the middle of the hall. My jaw drops to the floor while my eyes shamelessly check him out from top to bottom. Starting from the tender smile on his face
down
to
his Godly body
Wait! When did he change? (his outfit is the same one he wore on his own birthday). I remember picking that out for him.

That's when my ears comprehend the mild sound in the background.

I look around to see if anyone else is present. But no, the hall is empty. I am relieved. It's just him and me.
Couldn't be better.