Chapter:29

runRp0 here you go♡

My readers truly deserve this!

Taehyung's POV:

I don't know how long I cry after reading the letter. Long enough that my head hurts and my stomach aches, the rawness of my emotions consuming me. I cry so long that I get lost in it, the world around me fading away.

Jungkook is holding me.

I don't know when he walked into the room, or when he knelt on the bed, or when he pulled me into his embrace. But here he is, his presence a solid anchor in my storm. 

He has no idea what I've decided, no clue if the words about to come out of my mouth will be kind or cruel. Yet, he holds me as I cry, simply because it hurts him to see me cry.

I press a kiss to his chest, feeling the steady rhythm of his heartbeat against my lips. I don't know if it takes five minutes or half an hour, but when I finally stop crying long enough to speak, I lift my head from his chest and look into his eyes."Kook," I say, my voice trembling. "You've always been enough for me. Always."

As soon as the words leave my mouth, tears begin to fall from his eyes too. "Tae," he whispers, holding my face tenderly. "Honey..."It's all he can manage to say, his voice breaking under the weight of my confession, the truth I had tried to hide from him all this time, foolishly thinking it would make him stay away from me.

He's crying too hard to say anything else.

He kisses me, and I kiss him back with everything in me, trying to convey all the love and gratitude I feel. In that moment, I close my eyes and repeat the words from his letter that touched me the deepest.

You can fall down now. I will catch you, my love.

So I fall, and he catches me. Jungkook wraps his arms around me, holding me tightly. 

Hugs are so underrated, especially those that are so tight you can feel the other person's heartbeat. For a moment, everything feels so calm, so safe, like nothing in the world can ever hurt you.

We remain in that position for so long that my tears dry, his tears dry, but I still cling to him with everything I have. I'll do everything in my power to make sure I never let go of him. Not now, not ever.

For the first time, I feel like I might be okay. That we might be okay. It's the first time I look at him without feeling guilty for everything I can't give him. Instead, I think about everything I can give him.

I pull back and look up at him. "Thank you," I say softly. "For everything you said in your letter. It made me realise how wrong I was."

Jungkook touches my mouth with the tips of his fingers, tracing the smile on my lips. "You have no idea what this smile means to me, Tae. I've missed it so much."

In this moment, I love him more than I have ever before. I am ready to fight for us. I am ready to fight for him as much as he's ready to fight for me.

"Jungkook," I say, my voice steady.

"Yes, honey?"

"I love you."

I wait for his reaction as he pulls away slightly, taking my hand and curling his fingers around mine. He brings our hands to his heart, holding me close.

I gently settle myself closer to him, on his lap, while my free hand reaches up to cup the side of his face in tender hold. Rubbing the apple of his cheek with my thumb. He closes his eyes, covering my hand with his own, breathing heavily. 

A moment passes before he opens his eyes and whispers, "You love me?" His voice is small, so small.. almost like a lost puppy. It's like he is not sure of what he heard before.

His question makes me wonder if love is too weak of a word for what I feel for him. For what I've felt all this time. It remind me of when back in his room when he had asked, "Do you think about me?" And I had giggled.

I giggle again, the sound light and disbelieving.

It's the kind of laugh that says, 'Oh, what an understatement.'

What an understatement, Kook, that I think about you, what an understatement, that I love you.

He's still gazing at me with those big curious eyes that demand answer so I give him that as  I press a soft kiss to the mole under his lips. "With every hopelessly optimistic beat of my heart." I tell him.

Jungkook's lips part in a shaky exhale as he stares down at me, kissing my forehead and then my nose. I press my cheek against his shoulder and close my eyes, living in the moment.

Koo tucks a loose strand of hair falling over my forehead behind my ear, his fingers hovering there before they slip back and cup the back of my head. Bringing my face up until our foreheads align, his eyes fall shut with the words he tell me;

 "I can't wait for the days I get to run around the house with you again, or the nights I get to roll over and see you peacefully sleeping. The evenings I get to take us out to dinner or the nights we stay in and watch stupid movies all night. The midnight trips to the store just because we're hungry, or the mornings I get to make breakfast for you. There's so much more I could say, but Tae... I can't wait to experience life with you. Again and anew," he opens his eyes to match my gaze, "Be my Luna, Kim Taehyung."

"The whole pack is coming for you, Jeon Jungkook," I warn, caressing his cheeks, a playful smile on my lips.

"I can't wait to watch them try," he says with a confident grin before gripping my hand to pull me off the bed. "Now come with me, I have something to show you."

"What?" I ask, feeling giddy.

"Your birthday gift," he replies, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

________________

Author's note: so it was more like a little treat for you guys rather than a proper chapter.
Next chapters will be full of fluff. Be ready for that.

And let's see how teakook cope with everything.

What will be Jungkook's father and mother's reaction when they return??

Will Jungkook still be Head Alpha after mating to Tae?

Will people of the pack accept him as Luna?

Not to mention,
Will Jungkook get a surrogate now?

One thing I assure you now Jungkook and Taehyung will not be separated from each other but they still have alot to face.
Believe me when I say. ALOT.
But they will do it. TOGETHER.

So for those of you wondering that story will get boring. NO IT WON'T.
Twists and turns are there.