Chapter:7

Author's POV:

"Mama why you don't want me to tell hyung about Yeri?" Jungkook asked his mother with a confused face.

"Kook I have thought about this my son. Try to understand, I know Tae very well. If we tell him that yeri is going to be his mate, he will immediately decline without giving it a second thought. You know how he is in this matter. He will start seeing yeri as his 'supposed to be mate'. I have no doubts that he will deny to mate her"
Jihyun replied.

"Then what will we tell if he asks who yeri is?" Jungkook is still very much confused.

"We will say she's an orphan and just living here for some time until we arrange a place for her."

"What's the point of this, if at the end he's gonna find out anyway?"

"Kook I want Tae to befriend yeri first. Once they both get to know each other and feel comfortable together then there are higher chances that Tae will choose her as a mate."

"But it's unfair to hyung mama. You know very well I can't hide anything from him. How will I lie to him mama?"

"Kook it's for my hun's good. You always say Tae is your best friend. Now don't you want your best friend to have his mate? specially now when you, yourself are going to have one"

"Mama the thing is not about Good or bad, it's about trust. Hyung has immense amount of trust in us. I don't want to crush his trust like this. Won't he be hurt that we-" Jungkook points towards himself and his mother "-his own family deceived him "

"Baby no, we are not breaking his trust. Once the time comes, you will see, he'll be thankful to us for making the right decision for him."

"But mamaa.." Jungkook pleads

"No buts Kook. I said what I said and that's final"

"Mama Sorry I can't do-" Jungkook reaches out to hold his Mother's hand but she takes a step backwards.

"Consider this as my order Jeon Jungkook!"

The fact that Jihyun took his full name was enough to shut him up.

"As you wish mother" he walks off.

__________________

Jungkook was furious. He was seething with anger, not at his mother, but at that omega. He and his mother had never argued before, but ever since Yeri entered their lives, she had become the root cause of their discord. 

Jungkook couldn't shake off the bad vibes he got from her. Something about Yeri felt off, and his instincts were too sharp to ignore it. He just knew that Yeri wasn't the sweet, innocent omega she pretended to be.

If this were any other problem, Jungkook would have confided in Taehyung. They would have probably spent the night talking about Yeri, venting their frustrations, and then resolved everything with their mother the next morning. But this was different. He couldn't share this with Taehyung.

Jungkook stepped out onto his room's balcony, hoping the fresh air would calm him down. The balcony, adorned with chairs, a coffee table, and fresh plants lining the wall, was his second favorite place in the house.

His first favorite? Taehyung's room. Jungkook believed that room exuded a cozy vibe unmatched by any other place, though he wasn't sure if it was the room or its owner that made it feel that way.

He settled into one of the chairs and looked out over his pack. There was a buzz of activity below. As he observed more closely, he realized why—his birthday was just two days away. He was about to turn eighteen, a significant milestone for a werewolf. But instead of feeling excited about finding his mate, all Jungkook could think about was Yeri being Taehyung's potential mate.The thought of Taehyung mating troubled him so much that he had forgotten about his own.

Lost in his thoughts, Jungkook felt a blanket being draped over his legs. The familiar scent told him it was Taehyung before he even looked up."Why are you here? It's getting cold. You'll catch a fever, Kook. Let's go inside," Taehyung said, concern lacing his voice.

"Let's sit here for a while, hyung."

"Okay. Wait." Taehyung quickly went inside and returned with a fluffy blanket and a couple of cushions. He took the blanket from Jungkook, spread it on the grass, arranged the cushions, and sat cross-legged on them.

Jungkook watched in amusement as Taehyung pulled him from the chair. "What are you doing?"

"Shh." Taehyung adjusted Jungkook's head on his lap, then grabbed the blanket and covered them both. Once they were wrapped up, he looked down at Jungkook and asked, "Now care to tell me what's going on in that coconut head of yours?"

"Hyungie, she scolded me," Jungkook pouted.

"Who?"Tae asks, confused.

"Your mother," he replied, pulling up his most innocent face.

"My mother? Wait, you mean Mama?" Taehyung asked, laughing as Jungkook nodded.

Jungkook couldn't help but laugh along, his worries momentarily forgotten by the sight of Taehyung's happy face. 

He sat up, then enveloped Taehyung in a bear hug, resting his head on the other's shoulder and wrapping his arms around him. Taehyung gasped at the suddenness but melted into the embrace, threading his fingers through Jungkook's hair.

"Kook, you know while I was away, I missed home a lot," Taehyung admitted.

"Me too," Jungkook mumbled.

Taehyung pulled away slightly to look at Jungkook in disbelief. "But you were home all along, dumbo," he giggled.

Jungkook didn't reply. Instead, he pulled Taehyung closer, tucking him under his chin and wrapping his arms around his waist. He pressed a kiss full of love and admiration on Taehyung's hair."I am home now," he whispered.

Taehyung's breath hitched at the words. The way Jungkook was holding him right now felt different, felt good. As an Alpha, Taehyung never knew he needed this feeling until now—the feeling of being protected.

_____________

Author's note: Am I boring you guys?? I just wanted to give little bit fluff before angst comes :(