Chapter:27

"I've spent half of my life loving her and other half, hiding how much I loved her."

-Taylor Jenkins Reid

____________

Author's POV:

It's been one month since the coronation ceremony.

One month since Jungkook has been appointed as the Head Alpha of pack.

One month since Alpha Jeon and Jihyun have been out of pack.

One month since Jungkook and Taehyung last talked..

Yes they didn't talk after their encounter in hallway.

But a lot of things have happened over the span of these 30 days.

For instance, the blooming friendship between Yeri and Taehyung.

Things didn't end on good terms for both Jungkook and Tae last month and Tae had been really lonely since then. Moreover Jungkook rather keeps himself very busy in all the unnecessary office work or in the training. In short, he is mostly out in the packgrounds leaving only Yeri and Tae in the packhouse.

So it's only natural if they both get along well.

Taehyung is the only one who had never been informed about Yeri's feelings for him nor Yeri had ever tried to make him known.

Jungkook mostly catches them talking,  having fun, cooking together in the kitchen.. but he doesn't make any effort to join them nor say anything. He would mostly try to just ignore. Keyword: Try.

Because it's hard when the person he's supposed to ignore is Taehyung..

He won't ever admit but sometimes he would purposely walk past both of them just to get a glimpse of Tae, smiling sometimes, if kook gets lucky.

But Jungkook knows Tae too well to regard that smile as genuine. Because it would never reach his eyes.

There was always an immense amount of sadness in Tae's eyes whenever Kook stole a glance at him and Jungkook so badly wanted to rip out that sadness and replace it with glee. But how? what can he do??

Isn't he facing the same thing and has no idea how to get out of it? How to make things better?

So he just decided to busy himself.  In this way his heart and mind will have smaller and smaller time thinking about his mate.

He also wants to tell Tae as to why Yeri was brought here at the first place but he can't, because he knows if Tae knew Yeri wants to mate him, he will avoid her and Jungkook doesn't want to snatch the only source of little happiness that omega has to offer for his Tae..

Tae really sees the omega as a good friend, who has been nothing but a reliable, comforting person for him or so he thought...

Now it's December which means Taehyung's birthday is just around the corner..

"Tae I am so excited for your birthday. You love strawberry cake right? I will bake one for you" yeri told Tae who was sitting on the breakfast table as she made fried egg and toast for their breakfast while another maid helped her.