Chapter: 25

Listen to this song while reading and prepare to cry a ton in this chapter.

________

Taehyung's POV:

"Leave my hand Hyung. Why you didn't let me talk?" Jungkook asks me as I drag him out of Appa's office.

"I will never let you take that foolish decision for yourself Jungkook. Do you hear me?"

He forcefully leaves my hand with a jerk.

"Well done hyung. You forgot we agreed to this together? Now you are just backing away from all of this?"

"You don't understand. Do you??" I say "This whole pack is now on your shoulders and it needs you. I think We can't do this Jungkook.."

"We can't" I repeat in a whisper.

Jungkook stumbled a few steps back as if my words physically forced him to.

I have never hated myself as much as I do now but that's the only way I can save him from whatever he was going to do.

"Is it really the reason? Or it is the fact that.. just me and you.. are not enough for you?" He asks in a small voice.

'I want to be a father.' My own lie echoes in my mind..

"You know well we can't have children together. It is your dream to be a father. Is it not hyung? To have pups. To have a household full of love and laughter? And for that I am not enough right?"

He thinks I am using pack just an excuse.. to leave him.

I'm confounded. Speechless.

I stare at him in utter disbelief, unable to answer him. Not because I can't. I know the answer to this question. I have always known the answer. But I stay silent because I am not sure if I should answer him.

The silence that lingers between his question and my answer creates the biggest misunderstanding. Jungkook's jaw hardens. His eyes harden. Everything- even his heart hardens. He looks away from me because my silence means something different to him than what it means to me.

"You deserve nothing less. but I won't lie.. I was selfishly wishing to be enough for you."

It's the last thing he says before he walks out of here. It takes everything in me not to run after him and beg him to stay and to do what he was going to say in Appa's office before I stopped him

I want to first scream at him and scold him for even thinking about that. Then I want to shower him with kisses and hugs and tell him how wrong he is.

Yes it's true I have always wanted to have pups..

But not as a father..

As a mother.

I can't believe our relationship has come to this point. The point where my behavior has convinced Jungkook that he's not enough for me.

He is enough for me.

The problem is.... he could be much more without me.

That day when Jungkook confessed to me, my emotions were all over the place and I was happy, so happy that,

I didn't realize what I was agreeing to.

I didn't realize the consequences it could cause.

I didn't realize what this will do to not only Jungkook but the whole pack...

I blow out a shaky breath and turn around, pressing my palms into the kitchen counter and look at my shivering hands.The agony of knowing what I'm doing to him, makes my entire body tremble.