~king roan~

Summary- you come confess your love before the conclave

You had always loved roan but knew his mother would never let him be with you. Now she was dead and this might be the last time you see him. You couldn't risk him dying and not knowing how much you truly loved him.

Quickly you walked to his room and knocked on the door. "Who is it?" His gruff voice called out

"(Y/n)." A moment of silence filled the hall before he called you in.

You pushed the door open to be met with him sitting a few feet from the door staring at you, waiting for you to speak.

You quickly cleared your throat before speaking, "I have something to tell you." 

He sat up straighter and stared up at you. "What it it gada?" (Girl)

He sounded so cold and uninterested you began to regret coming. What if he didn't feel the same way? What if he was embarrassed someone like you would like him? Obviously he could never return the feelings.

"I..." oh God, I can't do it. " good luck king. I hope to see you victorious."

He nodded looking almost disappointed before standing. 

"As do I, I just became king id hate for my reign to end so soon." He let a small nervous smile grace his face as he led me to the door and bid me goodbye.

Everything replayed in my head as I walked away from the man I loved until I turned a corner and let a tear I didn't know I was holding back fall.

'God I was so stupid to think I would ever tell him' I thought. After i got back my room, i fell to the ground and allowed all the pent up sadness to drop out of me a tear at a time as i sobbed over my missed chance.