His decision

~~Jaiveer~~

Raghuram Dixit.

My Bade papa (Father's elder brother).

The ruler of the Dixit family.

CEO of Dixit enterprises.

His word is an order to all of us. That's not just his authority over us. It's also his caring over us.

As strict as he is. As caring as he is. As funny as he is. As scary as he can turn into. I never got the chance to witness his anger, thanks to his love towards me. But Neeraj Bhai once had to face the wrath of him. 

I actually still remember that day. When in his teens Neeraj Bhai actually tried to smoke a cigar. Along with his friends. But unfortunately or fortunately he got caught by bade papa. That day the look of anger and disappointment in his eyes scared the shit out of me. 

From that day I made sure that in no way I'm on the receiving end of his wrath but right now standing in his cabin, right in front of his desk, under his scrutinising gaze, all my senses have started screaming that this is something I should be concerned about. 

Since the moment I stepped inside his cabin, which is 10 minutes back, Bade Papa's intense eyes haven't left me. I bet that if it lingers for a minute more, I'm gonna turn into ashes with the intensity of his gaze.

But to my relief, his gaze slowly travelled to Dhiraj, who is standing to my left and then to Neeraj Bhai who is standing to my right. 

All the three of us just stood there silently wondering why at this moment he had summoned us. He many times calls us to his office regarding work and if it is something personal he calls us directly to home but he never summons the three of us at a time. So, why now?

And moreover….. What more disasters should I listen to? Other than this.

After gazing at us for a good few moments, he sighed, rubbing his hands over his face. Right at the same moment, a droplet of sweat dropped down from my spine sinking into my shirt reminding me that my entire body has turned cold not because of the temperature in the room but because of the shivers that's running through me. 

"What do you think you guys are doing?" He asked gazing at us and I got confused.

I looked at Neeraj Bhai who was shaking his head telling that he knew nothing.

"Sniffing around the company's files and looking into them?" He asked and my eyes went wide after realising what he was intending.

He got to know that we are searching about the deal with Deshmukh.

"Papa! What do you mean searching? Why would I do that?" Neeraj bhai asked and it's very much clear that he got offended.

"Don't act innocent, Neeraj." 

"I'm not and moreover don't I have the authority to look into our files?" Neeraj bhai asked.

Bade papa scowled, "You do Neeraj but there is a thing called confidential? You know that?"

Neeraj bhai sighed, "Papa, please. Now stop all this and tell me straight. What is the deal we have with Deshmukh?"

Bade papa crossed his legs and leaned over his chair while resting his both hands over the arm rests making it clear to us about his authority, "Why does that matter to you?" He asked in return. What does he mean by that? Doesn't it matter to us?

"Papa! Don't I have the right to know it? Shouldn't I be informed or concerned about it?"

"And what are you intending to do with that piece of information?" Bade papa asked in return and our mouths got shut. How foolish of me to think that I can do something behind his back!!??