Jealousy

~~Akanksha~~

Gulping down the food into my churning stomach as quickly as possible and as carefully as possible so as not to make Bhai suspicious, I raced into my bedroom. Gently locking the door behind me, I flopped down on my bed. Grabbing my laptop, I turned it on. Logging into Google, I opened the website of Business 360, the channel that's broadcasting the live telecast of the party that Jaiveer attended tonight. 

I scrolled through the articles, photos and video clips of that party. So it's a party for informally introducing Mr. Mehra's son. I scowled, what is the need to host a party to introduce your son? Well, that's what you do when you have loads and loads of money being stocked up in your accounts. That's why I hate these fancy showing rich people. All they do is to flash their money. 

But among these people, my Jai is an exception.

I kept sliding away the photos and videos one after the other until I spotted a photo of Jai and Advika. I scrolled left and right and found many photos of them. Photos of the entire Dixit family and also individual photos of Jai and Advika. Looking at them, standing so close to each other is enough for me wanting to rip Advika away from my Jai. They stood so close to each other almost as if they were glued together. What the hell is Jai doing standing so close to her? And what the hell is Advika thinking while standing so close to another man? Doesn't she have any shame?

I zoomed in on the photo and focused on their smiles. Just like all the time, my Jai looks so handsome in his black suit. But also the fact that Advika looks too beautiful than me is not sitting well with my jealousy. 

The fact that Advika is superior to me in status is not sitting well with my fears.

The fact that Advika snatched my dream of being Mrs. Dixit is not sitting well with my anger.

Ever since I met Jai and ever since I have fallen for him, I strived hard to be perfect in everything that I do. Perfect in everything to fit Mrs. Dixit. 

I never wanted Jai's parents to accept me just because he loves me. I want them to accept me. The whole of me. I never wanted to make Jai feel ashamed of me compared to him. I wanted him to proudly announce to this world as his wife. 

That's what I was trying to build. A solid career for myself. A name for myself. A name so that Jai's family won't be forced or compelled or ashamed to accept me but feel so proud to welcome me into their family. That's what I was trying for. That's why I made him wait for all these years otherwise who in their right frame of mind would wait so long without claiming Jai.

When I was driving hard to achieve this, Advika popped from nowhere and snatched Jai from me. And what does she even have compared to me? Apart from being a daughter of Deshmukh? I bet that Mr. Deshmukh has threatened Jai's family with something. Otherwise they would never go against Jai's choices. I might not have formally met Jai's parents but I know how much they love Jai and how much they respect Jai's opinions and decisions. 

I again looked back at the photos and the smiling faces of Jai and Advika created a lump of fear to settle in my heart. I know very well about my Jai. He is the most loyal partner one could ever ask for. I also know how much he loves me but after all who won't get attracted and feel attached to a person who is staying in your house. Precisely, in your room?

Apart from his office, the remaining time, Jai is spending it with me. But even that is not enough. I need to tie him to me, until they deal with this divorce. Till then I should be cautious. I should watch every move of Jai and Advika too. She might have promised to divorce but what she backs out later? 

I can't let that happen. I won't let that happen. I need to be extremely careful. And I need to put a leash on my man. Jai is mine and he will always be mine!!!