Viraj a.k.a.....

–Jaiveer–

The first thing I noticed is the burning sensation in my heart. It's like someone lit fire to it and it is burning to ashes. The second thing I noticed is the immense pain that's seeping in my head. It's like someone is poking it with needles. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked several times to clear my vision.

I looked around the unfamiliar surroundings and slowly sat up. In this dim lit room I found my father sleeping on a couch that was set to one corner of the room. The urge to puke out is bubbling up in me. Ignoring the screams of my muscles, I stood up slowly and walked to the door assuming that behind it was a bathroom. 

Once entering inside I puked out immediately. Though there isn't much in my stomach, the feeling of puking itself made me feel worse.

"Jai!! Jai!!" A voice screamed outside.

"Open the door!!" A heavy pounding on the door. Ignoring everything, I concentrated on my chores. Once I'm done with them, I walked to the vanity sink and looked at myself in the mirror. With my blurred vision, I couldn't see myself properly. But I can feel the slow pain that's seeping through every fibre of my being. I slowly washed my hands and face and walked out into the room. I could make out that the people in the room were my Papa and Mr. & Mrs. Deshmukh. 

Ignoring them, I walked up to the bed and sat at its edge. 

"Jai! How are you feeling?" Ignoring my father's voice I thought of the last things that I remember. 

Soon a flash of my Delhi's visit and arguments at Akki's house came back like a flood. And then… Deshmukh's house, storeroom, album, photos. Once after the other everything came back into life. The one thing I'm always proud of is that I won't forget what happened before I fainted. For that I'm always thankful to my brain. 

"Is it true?" I whispered into the silent room.

"Jai! You need to eat something." A voice answered.

I shook my head, "Is it true?"  

"At least drink something." Another voice answered.

I shook my head, "Is it true?"

"First you relax a bit, Jai." I don't know who is answering but I shook my head, "Is it true?"

"It is." Someone finally answered.

"Robin." I whispered. That's really my Robin in those photos.

"He is." Someone whispered back.

At once a wave of shiver passed through me and I shuddered.

"Easy there." This time I know it's my father's voice and he came to sit beside me. He took me into his embrace and held me tight.

"Tell me everything." I said. I know there is something that I don't know and that everyone knows. I have no energy left to ask each and every question and extract the details, "I just want to know the complete story."  

"Jai! You are so weak now. Take rest first. We can talk later." Papa answered. 

"Everything." I stressed out the word. I have waited for 10 years like a loser to find out everything. Now when everything is right in front of my eyes, I'm not gonna wait a second more. 

Then somehow the other people in the room gathered around me. 

"Jai." Someone took my hand. I looked at them and blinked my eyes. This time I noticed that it's Mr. Deshmukh.

"My native place is Delhi." He started, "For so many years we stayed there. But regarding business, I wanted to move to Mumbai. But couldn't because Advika had her studies going on there and she was comfortable staying in Delhi."