His choice

~~Jaiveer~~

It's been 2 weeks. 2 weeks have passed since everything happened but my mind and heart are still not at ease. 

Like every other insane man, all I have been doing from the last 2 weeks is to work. Only work. I don't know when I was coming to the office or when I was leaving. 

Because if I hadn't diverted my mind to work it would definitely have been blown up with all the thoughts that were running inside it. 

And also I kept ignoring the pain my heart is experiencing every time it's breaking into another piece whenever the thought of Akki comes into my mind which is obviously every second of my day. 

From Neeraj Bhai I got to know that Akki resigned from her job and Dilip took a long leave and they went back to their hometown. Deep down I expected this move. Because every nook and corner of Mumbai holds out memories. With this move of Akki, it felt like she completely walked out of my life. 

And whenever I look at Adiraj, all I can think of is Robin. The memories that I held with Robin. The plans we made. The future we wanted to build. But now, what was I left with? Apart from the ashes of my burned life?

The only thing that's holding me together is Adiraj's smile. Smile which resembles my Robin. Robin has left a part of him with me. I need to protect it carefully. 

Though I'm trying my level best to escape into work, I just couldn't do that yet. Feeling frustrated, I shutdown my computer and closed my laptop.

That's when my phone rang.

"Papa." I answered it.

"Jai! Advika isn't home yet. She isn't picking her calls. She is also not at Prakash's house. She probably still might be at her office. Can you please go and check?" 

I looked at the time and it read 11 pm. What the hell is she doing till this time?

"What about her guards?" I asked.

"Umm… since the media hunt has calmed down…. I told them to back off."

I sighed, "I'll check on her."

Hanging up the call, I gathered my belongings and walked out of my cabin. Apart from the lights at the staircase and lift, the entire floor has turned dark. Carefully I walked into the lift and eventually into the garage. Pulling my vehicle, out of the main gate, I saluted back to the security guard. 

Since most of the traffic has turned down at this moment, I sped up to her office within no time. I know where her store is situated. In the main center of the city but I never stepped inside. 

Parking the car to the side on the road, I looked up at her store.

Dream designers.

The attractive neon lights were still on the display. Her front glass door is wide open like when it would be during the business hours. I noticed all the lights inside the store were still on. I stepped inside and found it deserted.

I scowled, why can't she even hire a security guard?

"Advika!" I called out but was met with silence.

"Advika!" I again called out but still no response. Looking around the store, I finally found her cabin. Through the gaps between the designs of the opaque glass walls of her cabin, I found her inside, sleeping with her head resting on her desk.

Shaking my head, I locked on the door. Not a single movement in her. I tried the door and found it unlocked. Entering inside and stepping towards the table, I tapped on it, "Advika."