52~Confrotation

Najib's POV:

"Sir the gym is ready."

"And the boys?"

"They're waiting for you."

"Good, shut the door on your way out."

It's been ages since I did this, I never believed I'll get into the ring again, not even my therapist who advised me to stop boxing could stop me, not even Grandma... 

My mother's demise was the biggest shock till now, it lead me into  depression and sleepless night putting me into a shell only I had to battle with, but I began to heal once I found solace in the boxing ring.

I would box for hours till I'm able to vent out my frustration and pains, Grandma was worried for my mental health to an extent that she hired me the best therapist in town.

I recalled going to her three times a week till I stopped entirely, but still, that didn't get me out of the ring until Grandma had me banned from entering all boxing rings in Lagos, but gladly I had my hood and in my hood I control things.

And today I was back to vent out my anger again.

My boxing gloves were ready and so were my fists.

"Come over, let's fight," I say to the huge man with a hefty statue, he looked strong and intimidating, but  I was determined to fight the towering dude.

Once the start whistle was blown, I began to throw him punches while he did nothing but avoid hitting me, his punches all landed in the air, even though it was quite obvious that he was stronger than me and he could beat me.

"Are you a weakling? Do you think I invited you here to be my punching bag?"

"Sorry sir."

"Fight back!"

"Yes sir, Sorry sir." He says again.

A few minutes of break passed and  we returned to the boxing ring, the second whistle was blown and  without hesitation, we both charged at each other.

Every punch I threw at him, Abdul's face seem to resurface, the sly smirk, his mockery smile, his unwillingness to fight me back... all this aggravated my anger more, they made me feel like an idiot.

And with the same heated anger I'd used to fight Abdul, I transferred it to my opponent.

My punches had surpassed his now and that made the whole room echo  my name in loud volumes.

"Boss Najib!" It was loud and clear.

My boys were hailing me, at least if no one is on my side, I had my boys to support me always.

We were equally bleeding at the moment but I wasn't yet satisfied, I wanted the anger, pain, and the rest of the emotions I couldn't name to disperse.

"Fight back, hit me back," I yelled while thrusting him hard onto the floor, he looked heavily weak, he was bleeding profusely while he rolled out of the ring.

"Sir I think it's time to switch."

"Why?"

"He's out... I guess you should take someone else."

"Whom should I take amongst those skeletons?" I pointed at the line of men waiting to take turns with me in the ring, they had terrified looks, if I fight with them I was confident that they wouldn't survive, so I rather retire for the night.

"I strictly told you to get me strong wrestlers, so why did you bring such weak fellas?"

"Sorry, they were all I could find...