15~ white lie 1

Najib's POV:

"Abdul, why are you 10 minutes late?" I sighed checking my wristwatch.

"Sorry, Mr punctual." He chuckles.

"The beach hasn't changed, everything looks the same." I smiled scanning around the beach bar.

"Yep, still the way you left it, and the best part is that they still sell your favourite drink." He replies.

"You remember? I already ordered it." I smiled.

"I didn't forget you or our memories after you ditched me for London." He smirks.

"Well, I'm back because of a forced arranged marriage mess."

"I was shocked when I saw the news. Bro, tell me, how you ended up getting married without my approval, our number one rule code, remember?"

"Not funny." I sighed.

"Then give me the details."

"Can you believe the old man signed me off a deal?"

"What deal?" Abdul asks with keen interest.

"I got back to be welcomed with the news that I had a wife which has messed up my life plans."

"That's fucked up." Abdul scoffed.

"Yeah... And I can't even refuse due to Grandma."

"You're still scared of her?" He chuckles.

"She isn't scary, but no one dares to go against her. I was away b, but yet the old man meddles in my life; I can't believe they kept this away from me; I shouldn't have left London in the first place."

"Everything happens for a reason but who still does such shit, a forced marriage?" Abdul Chuckles.

"Well, my family still does, and it's frustrating to know that my rights to the company are tied to the marriage...

"Break down your words; what do you mean by your rights tied to your marriage?" Abdul inquired curiously.

"The old man was planning to sell the company, the company my Mother struggled to build with her sweat."

"Woah! That's absurd." Abdul sounded surprised as he listened to me.

"If I didn't agree to the marriage, he would sell the company and use the profit to upgrade his new project."

"His hotel?"

"Yes, and I couldn't afford for that to happen, my mom's sweat will go in vain, and it's my right to inherit it."

"And now?"

"And now it's mine; I have to fulfil my promise to Mom. That's why I acquired my master's degree in pharmaceutical science and medicine, and after all, he only wants to utilize his selfish desire to snatch the company.

"I see why you agreed to your marriage; sorry, bro." Abdul sighed.

"I had no choice after he placed the condition to choose either my marriage and get the company or let go of the marriage and let go of the company, I was left with no option than to say yes."

"You mean he placed a condition for you to either accept your marriage and take over the company or refuse the marriage and lose the company?" Abdul asks with a wide glare.

"Yes, and that's not all; he also poisoned Grandma to agree to it; just yesterday after I got back from your place, she had a private chat convincing me to accept my so-called marriage."

"At least you got what you deserve, I mean the company." He smiled.

"But I can't be tied down to that low-class girl, I need a civilized woman beside me." I sighed.