57~ The Stranger's Advice

Habiba's POV:

My heart was hurting,  if it was a piece of paper I would shred it, if it was a bottle I would shatter it to pieces, but it was my heart...

I had to endure the pain as my only relief we're my tears.

To be honest, I hated myself right now, I hated how vulnerable I'd let myself become, I hated how I let my emotions control me.

I'd faced a lot while growing up, and mom had taught me endurance and patience was the key to difficult times, but this was way too hard to endure, the agony I was feeling felt severe.

"Madam, where do you want me to drop you? Don't you have a destination?" The driver asks with a hint of irritation.

"Madam I'm talking o." He adds impatiently."

"Sorry, sir, Just keep going I will tell you where to stop."

"I hope you know where you're going to, or are you a JJC? Don't you know Lagos?" He said but I remained quiet not in the mood to talk.

"Just tell me, I can't afford to waste my petrol." He continued rambling.

Have I gotten into another mess?
I needed a quiet and peaceful atmosphere but the driver's constant nags only increased my headache.

The mansion is the last place I want to go to right now even though I had no place to go other than there, I needed to go to a place that will give me peace, a place I don't have to see their deceitful faces, where I couldn't hear their voices or want their shadows around me, I wish I could erase their memory from my head as well.

Mom always found solace in prayer, I need to find a mosque.

"Sir, do you know any mosque with a female section close by?"

"Yes, is that where you want to go?"

"Yeah."

"And you didn't say so since, 
there's one close by, let's drive there." He replied.

My journey in the grumpy driver's car soon ended.

Just as we got to a mosque premises, the adhan (call to prayer) could be heard loudly from a speaker.

"Madam, I hope you didn't soak my car seat with your tears?" He says.

"What... What do you mean?"

"You just dey cry like small pikin wey dey beat, who break your heart abi you loose person?" He asked in pidgin,
his voice filled with mockery.

I was speechless at his comment, as I didn't have the strength to argue and without hesitating, I got off the cab.

"Take your fee." I sighed.

"You are giving me just one thousand naira for all the roundabout you made me go?!" He lashed out.

"But we agreed on this."

"Madam, increase the fee abeg." He hissed, gesturing his hands forward for more.

"Fine, take 500 naira, this is my last card." I replied showing him my empty purse.

"Now you're talking, please put me in your prayers I go like buy  house this year, bye bye." He waves with a sneer while riding off.

"God! What kind of city is this? Filled with wicked men!" I mumbled heading into the mosque.

The call to prayer had ended and they were preparing to pray when I strolled in, the female section was scanty, and I could count the ladies present. They were not up to ten as I count.