Chapter seventy

"We will just do her paperwork and my nurse here will prepare for the needs of the baby." They went out and I groaned again, I sobbed feeling my life about to ascend in heaven.

He sat on my side and held the top of my head, I felt his thumb rubbing my forehead.

I started to ease because I felt the anesthesia working now, nothing hurts intensely anymore.

I sighed heavily, worn out. I will never in my life plan on giving birth again.

"Has the anesthesia worked? How do you feel?"

I can only nod my head. A nurse's voice caught us off guard. "She needs to wear this lab gown, Majesty."

She handed him a blue plain lab gown like you normally would see in any hospital. She bowed and left and he stood up.

I suddenly feel the urge to push.

He pulled my dress carefully and I felt relieved as my dress got soaked in my sweat. He made me slip my arms inside the arm holes and tied everything on the back that's needed.

The doctor came in just in time. "Let's see your dilation.." I spread my legs and I felt two fingers measure my insides. "Ten! You're ready!"

No wonder I feel like popping a melon out. He propped my feet on some sturdy metal again to spread me much more.

"Can you push y/n?" I nodded my head. "Okay, in my signal.. push." It hurts like hell and I feel like crying again.

"Do not strain your throat okay, you have to push and feel it on your stomach." I nodded, tired.

I watch the doctor focus on my entrance, looking at it intently.

Majesty could only wipe my sweat on my forehead. "Ahh!"

I deeply inhaled through my nose and pushed on my own when I felt like it and I felt something in me move. "Alright y/n, good job, I see her crowning, can you push again?"

I pushed and the anxiety builds up when I feel like my hole is about to rip. I cried. "It's alright, I can mend you after okay, we need the baby to be safe or else the delay can be critical." The doctor reassures me.

"Just a little more push and this will be over, you're doing great." He added. I pushed and pushed and I screamed when I felt something rip in me.

All the numbness and pain mixed and I don't know how my body wants to react. "Her head is out, you can refrain from pushing now y/n."

I pant and felt so weak that I could just sleep straight in here. "Good job." Majesty told me and I felt quite good about it.

I felt the doctor's hand trying to maneuver the baby's head.

I gasped when I completely felt the baby leave my body. I could only see nurses rush in with the doctor and just seconds after, a cry echoes in the room.

I felt my heart squeeze in awe hearing her. I looked at Majesty and I could see in his eyes the love he already has for her.

This feels unreal. Like out of nowhere, all the pain felt worthwhile. A nurse then approached me and I was shocked when she placed the baby on my chest.

She's wrapped around in a white towel, most of her is still covered with mucus and blood but her face that's been wiped clean. She moves her face and arms around.

I-I.. I could only stare at her. I had her and now, she's in my arms. Why do I feel like tearing up.. i shouldn't.

I groaned when I felt a twisting pain in me again. "Does it feel like contractions again y/n?" The doctor asked and I nodded.

"That's your placenta, and that is the very last."

I look up and Majesty is just staring blankly at her. I smiled seeing him in utter shock. "Majesty, would you like to carry her?"

"Oh, I am sorry to interrupt, but she now has to be bathed and cleaned, i will straight away give her to Majesty after prepping her." A nurse smiled.

I allowed her to take the baby.

I nodded and smiled back even with pain still in me. I felt like pushing again and I did. "It's out."

I could finally sigh in actual relief. I still feel the doctor mending the tear but at this point, i'm all numb.

"You are all good y/n, you were amazing, delivering in less than two hours." The doctor smiled at me and went off.

I looked at Majesty again and he's still staring out of nowhere, just pure blank. I held his hand and that's where he snapped off.

"I apologize, i just.." he shakes his head to get his mind straight. I smiled at his adorable way of trying not to be distracted by his daughter.

"What do you need?" He finally asks. "New clothes, Majesty."

"You just gave birth, why don't you rest your body first from unnecessary movements." I would want that but blood from the baby soiled my lab gown.

"To add to that, I can't untie your back without you rolling on your side." He has a point.

My whole body is just radiating in pain. "Sleep for now." He kissed my forehead and that was unforeseen.

Sleep it is. I closed my eyes and I felt myself slip in darkness.

-

I woke up groggy and beaten. I groaned like the undead. I lifted my hand to shade my eyes from the bright light but I noticed a thin chain of steel around my wrist with a dangling charm.

It's a pendant, a baby wrapped in a towel. This is adorable. The hospital must've given this, how generous of them. A commemoration perhaps for new moth-

I'm..

I laid my hand down, a little hurt and I'm hoping it's from my body and not my heart. I looked at my not-so-big stomach.