XII. The New Girl

Skylar Dallas

It was my day today because its Saturday. And I get to buy stuff for Chachi and I for the week. I was done taking a shower, putting on my best outfit for the day, and eating a banana afterward. "You sure you don't wanna come grey?" I said as I saw her lying down on the couch, with her phone probably texting Mikey.

Weeks have past and alot of changes have happened. Chachi and Mikey were dating, Harry and I were stronger in our relationship than ever, Liam's girlfriend and Zayn's soon to be wife came to stay here in L.A., and Ashton confessing to the lads about his girlfriend.

The truth was no one knew about Ashton and her, not even his parents. A bit of arguments happened when Ash confessed but he was forgiven. Luke even suggested to let her come here and stay with them until the tour hasn't started yet. Ash was happy with it, and let her come. She was coming today and we were all excited to have another member of the family.

"Nah, I'm fine. Can I talk to you later? I just have to tell you something." she answered, not even bothering to look up at me.

"Why not now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her, even though she won't even see it.

"I'm bored, later will be much better." she answered as I muttered a quick, "Okay, bye." to her and trailed off.

-

I drove out to where we always go when we are in need of food, the grocery store. It never slipped my mind on how Chachi was acting today, I mean I knew everything about her. By her moves, all her lies, and other stuff. I never doubted her since I met her and Matt over the past few years ago, and I never regretted my decision on trusting them until now. And I knew its still going to be a long journey of knowing more about them.

There weren't many people in the store, and it was a bit strange too. When I come here I always end up arguing with everyone that is in front of me in the line, but I guess today was really my day.

I started from the usual things we buy here, the food. Next were the drinks. In a matter of minutes, I received a text from my handsome boyfriend saying:

"Babe, don't forget to come here at the house later. Ashton's girlfriend is going to come. x", making me smile at his words.

I replied, "yeah. Chachi and I will stay until tonight. How are you, haz?''

Within minutes, he texted back. ''Okay, I'm fine though. How's my queen?'' I never thought I could smile at his corny names for me. But sadly, I did.

"I'm fine, Haz...I'm at the grocery store right now. Catch up with you later baby..''

As he replied, ''Okay...be safe for me.'' afterwards. I never had the time to stop thinking about Harry every second. Its like he was some kind of a medicine I had to drink to stop being lonely. I never cared so much for a person other than Matt and Chachi before. He changed me, that's what it was. That's what really happened.

I walked up to where the isle of sweets were as I picked up all our favorites. Harry and I love Snickers, that's why I bought some for him too. I was all set up to leave that isle until I bumped into someone.

''I'm sorry...'' that familiar accent with his familiar voice spoke once I found myself on the damn floor with my groceries. I looked up slowly as I saw Chris who was wearing a rather familiar t-shirt that I once gave him.

''what are you doing here?'' I really had to stop bumping into people I found out having memories with.

"Uhm...I was buying some food for me and Rebecca. How about you?" he asked as he sincerely helped me up without thinking twice. I was really happy for what he was doing for me, I absolutely appreciate it. He was actually being real with making up to me, for all that he's done and I accepted it of course.