XLVI. Jerome

Gail's POV

You know that moment when someone wants to know your past and you think you're ready to tell it yourself? That's me right now, with my family, at dinner. This is so tempting. I didn't mean to answer if its about my first engagement or Ashton's proposal, it kind of just slipped out of my mouth.

But its bound to happen someday so why not now?

"Okay," I sighed, knowing that Ashton might get mad but he gave me a reassuring smile so he might be fine after all. "his name is Jerome Reynolds." Ashton's tight grip got me squeezed out for good but I took control of it so he won't get jealous or mad.

-

Flashback

I walk down the park as I look at the clouds, the birds that flew so high, the trees that were so green, and the kids that played with other kids. It was another beautiful day for me because it was me and Jerome's 3rd year anniversary today.

But he was still at work so I managed to get some alone time with some fresh air.

All of a sudden, I saw nothing but darkness. Two large hands covered up my eyes as I only sat still. I didn't want to get hurt so I gave the person my purse, and I was definitely shaking in fear.

"Surprise, baby girl." the familiar voice of my boyfriend totally woke me up in reality. It was just Jerome.

"God you scared the hell out of me," I said as he giggled and sat next to me on the bench. He bought some flowers and a box of chocolates.

"Oh thank you honey," I said, "your gift is at home. I didn't know you were gonna be here.."

"Its fine, I just wanted to surprise you, that's all." He answered as I laid my head on his chest and took the moment to look at the view infront of us.

"Isn't that amazing?" I asked him, sighing in relief.

"What is?"

"That. The view. Its beautiful isn't it?"

"Oh yeah, its, uh, okay." I just nodded slowly. "That's not why I came here, baby girl." He said.

"What is it, Jer?" I asked

He knelt down infront of me and pulled out something white. It was a white box.

I gasped in shock, I didn't want to assume anything yet because it might be a Mr. Bean thing, it might be a hook inside.

But he opened it slowly and I saw a shiny ring. It was beautiful. He then spoke up, "Will you marry me, baby girl?"

I didn't hesitate any longer so I answered yes. He put on the ring and I told him I loved him and he only sighed in relief and thanked me.

When we got home, I gave him my surprise which was his ultimate, favorite watch. I catch him staring at it at the magazine when he's bored or something.

"Thank you, baby girl." He said as he hugged me. "um, I need to go to work okay?" he said as he only looked at his phone, probably texting his co-workers at work.

"Okay," I said as he kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you, bye."

"I love you too-" he shut the door and left. I knew working at a bar would be a bit daring but it was busy there so I took the chance to let it all off. Maybe he needs to get to work already. Or he just wants to get home already. I sighed.