XXIV. No control

Skylar Dallas

The moment my fucking laptop shut down, my mind was running circles. It was all about how Gail said. I should have said no— her words keep repeating in my mind, it was like a broken stereotype. I was curious of the way she said it.

My laptop was drained after Grey and I watched movies on Netflix last night.

I was on the verge of being so curious of what Gail was about to say. But I still had to wait for three freaking hours until this gadget of mine comes back alive.

Bananas were the answers to my problems sometimes. So I went to the kitchen and grabbed two fresh bananas.

It was then how I remembered Harry telling me how he loved bananas too, and it almost became intense that time.

After waiting for three boring hours to let my laptop come alive, it opened up again. But she wasn't online yet, so I guess I had to wait.

----

Gail's POV

"what do you mean you should have said no?" the question I wasn't expecting she had to ask.

I sighed in annoyance, not by her but by the damn question. I was feeling a mix of being mad and so betrayed. I didn't know how to react. I didn't know what to do with what just happened.

It was dreadful.

I was about to answer but then the call ended. Maybe her laptop drained off again, probably by her and Chachi's addiction on watching at Netflix.

I sighed once again. I felt tired. I charged my laptop and immediately went to the shower to relax for a bit.

The moment I went in and turned on the switch to the shower, I felt so relaxed, like the tense I've been feeling for a whole week went away.

The coldness went in and out of my body as I felt very relieved, then when I was done I wrapped my body with a towel. Then I put on some new clothes that I would feel comfortable with.

After watching three basketball games, I turned on my laptop only to see if Sky is online, which she already was.

---

"Where'd you meet Ella?" Sky asks as I try to bite my lip at the mention of her name. We've been talking non-stop about her, and I grit my teeth from time to time just to not break something.

"At a press conference in Oakland," I breathe out, only to speak up again. "then she kept bugging me since then," I answered, running a hand through my hair.

It was then when I thought I did the wrong thing. I knew this was about to happen but I wasn't the kind of person to say no easily. I had problems with it but now things suddenly changed. And I sure as hell won't think twice of beating the heck out of that girl if I knew the truth. That if something really happened between them.

"Well the good thing is, no one has confirmed it yet." She said, trying to enlighten things up but I don't think I would feel good after all that.

I sighed, knowing that things would be difficult if ever the things that are happening right now aren't nightmares at all.

"Fuckin' shit," I cursed so hard, as Skylar's eyes widen.

"Wow, that's a first." She said.

I chuckled. I didn't really know what I would do if she didn't check up on me. I was thankful to have a bestfriend like her.

Hours later, I felt like time was passing by too quickly. Sky said that I should try to sleep more and quit watching basketball games because it could give me the power to knock down a person. And she particularly meant Ella. I laughed at that thought coming in my mind.