XXVIII. Little White Lies

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" those were the exact words that Ella said to me when she saw me. Her eyes wide, her mouth form a shape of an 'O' and she just stood up, frozen. Like when Anna from the original movie, Frozen, was frozed by her own sister. It all felt like it.

I was about to say something back to her but instead she grabbed a hold of my wrist, and going somewhere private.

We went into this door where the only things inside were the materials for this place. It had hairbrushes, hairsprays, etc. There wasn't enough space for the both of us because it was tight space of a room, only for the stuff.

She lets go of my hand and says, "Uh- what are you doing here Gail?" while her hands keep on shaking, still in shock of why I'm here.

"I just want to talk to you," I admitted.

"uhm..about what exactly? I-I kinda have alot of,uh, stuff to do.." stuttered the sweating Ella.

It was obvious she was a bit frightened of my presence.

"Oh, you know, about life. Yours, specifically."

"well, I'm good" She answered, running a hand through her brown hair. "you?"

"Honestly, I feel like my life is full of bullshit now." I stated the truth and only the truth.

She only gave me a half-smile. This was it. I had to start it. I mean it was now or never.

"Ella can I ask you something?"

She then looks away from me, and fiddles with her fingers. I didn't let her answer so I spoke up again. "Its about him.."

The sweat on her forehead keeps going down. Making her wipe it off.

"What about him?"

"You know exactly what I mean, Monet." she looks at me, her eyes widening.

"I couldn't stop, Gail. You know who loved him first."

"I know you loved him first, but he loved me, Ella." I spoke up, making her gasp in shock. "He loved me and I loved him back."

"But I couldn't stop now, I can't stop loving him, being with him, and I can't stop being-"

"obssessed with him," I interrupted her as she breathed out.

"I'm sorry Gail but I tried. He's the only guy I could see for my future,"

"Are you guys really dating?" I was praying she would say no to me because I really wanted no fights to happen right now.

She nods slowly and says, "Yeah, we are."

I bite my lip to make my tears to not come out but it did. It really came out. I'm so fucked up right now. In my whole existence, why cry now? I sigh.

"I'm sorry, I hope you're not mad at us, especially him."

God she really had the nerve to say that. So instead of punching her right in the face and kill her right here right now, I ran out. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me until I got out of that place. I was still running but all of the running made me thirsty so I stopped at the nearest store I could find and found 7-11.

I walked in, sweating, not even bothering to greet back the guard who just said, "Welcome," to me. I grabbed a bottle of water and two pieces of gum.

After paying for the items I bought, I quickly went out of the store and took a walk to the park Ella once showed me the day we first met. When everything was still okay.

I saw children playing and laughing with each other, old people walking so close to each other's company while holding hands, and a couple sitting on the bench, just mesmerizing the sunset go down. I was sitting under the tree, drinking water and chewing my gum, thinking about how Ashton could do this to me. He told me how he loved me, how he couldn't think of settling with someone else but me. And all of it were just a lie. A big pile of fucking lies, that's what it was. I hate myself for agreeing with this when at the first place, I fucking didn't. I was angry that time but I was the kind of person who wouldn't take no for an answer. I'm such a coward. I was weak. I am weak and I'll always be weak. I want to learn how to be strong and brave now, and there are some people I could think of helping me change who I am. Skylar and Grey. I had to go back.