XLV. Minor Damage

Skylar Dallas

Louis and Harry ran as fast as their legs could even carry them while I, on the other hand, ran as fast as a damn gazelle. My heartbeat is obviously not beating at a normal rate but I didn't care. My blood pressure was rising, it was boiling hot but I still didn't give a damn.

Louis was holding my arm tightly, because Harry said he couldn't handle seeing me like this which was worried. And he was right.

They both knew what I was capable of and they never fail to surprise and impress me with their sweet and caring gestures. The lads all knew my condition and I've told them that things might always end up pretty nasty when it comes to being with me for a whole day. Even just for an hour.

"Thanks, Lou" I thanked the man who has been holding on to me for about a half hour or so because of the news we just received.

"You're always welcome, love.." He said as he held on tighter to me.

I could hear Harry on the phone, probably talking to the others who were at the park.

Then Harry put his phone back at his pocket and looked at me and said, "They're on their way." Making me breathe a bit normal.

We made it to the counter as I immediately didn't think twice of asking where my sister was. Her face was a bit familiar but I didn't had anymore time to waste so I asked her already.

"Excuse me" I said, "Pearl," It turned out as a question as I read her name on her name tag.

"Yes, how may I help you— Dallas!?" She said as her eyes widen in shock, like seeing a ghost.

"yeah, uhm, do I know you?" I asked.

She turned around and wiped something off her face. Then turned back to me and said, "Lunchtime for me, I apologize." She said, "Steven! You take this one," and then she walked out of nowhere.

"How may I help you, mam?" the guy named Steven asked.

"uhm, what room is Chachi Grey?" I asked, still weirded out with the woman named, Pearl earlier.

"Let me check," He politely said as he checked the list of the patients. "she is in room 206." I thanked him as we ran again.

We came there in time as I opened the door, the first thing I saw was Mikey sleeping while holding my sister's hand. She had some bruises, and she had a cast at her arm.

I ran up to her as I bit my lip to stop myself from crying. I didn't want to look weak infront of them especially to other people because it freaking sucks to get called a weak person.

"What the fuck happened to you?" I said as calm as possible as she only gave me her warmest smile. I'd be lying if I said I hated that smile of hers.

"I drove Mal pretty fast and then everything went blurry so I crashed..." She answered.

"God how many times have I told you to keep safe?"

"Maybe a billion times," She teased as I punched her arm. "ow," She muttered as I only giggled at her.

"Mal must be mad at you, love.." Louis butted in as she giggled.

"Can you walk?" Harry asked.

"Only with these," Mikey answered as he pulled out two pairs of crutches.

"For how long?"

"Maybe a couple months," He answered.

I looked down, not even bothering to look up to her as I spoke up to the lads.

"Can I have a word with her for a moment? Please." I pleaded to them because they know I might do something stupid in the room when they go out, but I won't. I can control myself now. "don't worry, I can control it now." and that's how they agreed.

They went out and my sister and I were left alone in the room. "God I was so worried," I told her as she held on to my hand.

"I'm sorry, sis." She answered as I smiled at the thought of her being strong.

——

It was dinner time and we invited Lou and Paul with us. Of course we didn't forget the two most adorable kids in the world, Lux and Theo.

The others sat on the floor, and the others were sat on the table. We talked about our lives and how its all been for us.

"I've been the best person I've never been, ever since I met these wonderful ladies in Santorini, and I just can't thank them enough." Shey said as she wiped a tear falling down her eye.

We were all in awe at her speech right there.

Sophia and Liam were all lovey dovey at the end of the table, as well as Zayn and dear Jas.

Harry was holding my hand on the table as I just stared at it. Our relationship couldn't be any better I guess. Because its just impossible at the beginning but when it got a bit longer, it was all worth it.

Niall and Maddie were on the floor giggling with each other. It was definitely Irish love for our dear girl, Pears.

Luke suddenly puts his arm around his girlfriend. Then he kissed her forehead. God they look so great together.

"I dunno about you guys but I wanna hear Gail talk, she's been quiet for ages." my sister butted in as Gail's eyes widen in shock as he looked at Ashton.

"Um, about what?" She said.

"Your engagement," She answered as we all cheered hooray. I love engagement talks.

"My first or with Ash?"

My eyes widen in shock, and my mouth was wide open. What the fuck did she mean by that?

"Wait, you got engaged before Ash? We didn't know that." Sophia said as I only look at her.

"Well I didn't think I was gonna get engaged again, and I'm sorry for not telling you guys." She ran a hand through her hair.

"Its okay but can you tell us what happened.." I suggested as we all pleaded.

Gail only gave a reassuring look to Ash who only nodded and smiled back.

"Okay," She sighed, "his name was Jerome Reynolds."

Vote&comment.

x