LXI. The Guest

Skylar Dallas

The same feeling began to rise up my body when I landed safely to our home. I took a cab to go to the nearest mall, only to get a four-layered cake with only chocolate being in it, for the lads of 5sos, and for everyone else. I mean they deserve every bit of it - the thank you's from all of us who adore them, the efforts of showing how much they inspire a lot of people around the world who are terribly facing a perilous life ahead of them, and so much more.

Matt and Vicky decided to let this one go, so they could go to Vicky's granny, to celebrate her 70th birthday. They both made a video for the lads that I recorded earlier.

As I went out the vehicle, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach flying around, making me anxious all over again. I was back home. Five months have passed since I stepped home again and I couldn't actually tell if I was all ready to be here again but I'm here now, and there's no turning back. I had to face this. It was now or never.

I knocked twice on the door, the same brown mat was placed near the door, but it was clean. It didn't have any stains anymore - not like how it used to have before.

The door suddenly opens, making my face turn bright red in excitement and shock of seeing the son I always wanted to have - Theo, who was standing at the door, giving me a warm smile.

"Theo." I said as I open my arms wide.

"Sky?" He says as he runs up to hug me. I missed his hug, especially when Harry and I used to give him one - like what a real family would look like.

"God - I missed my baby boy." He giggles as we let go of each other slowly.

"Are you staying here forever?" He asks as my eyes widen in shock with his question, I guess I should tell the little lad.

"Um, I'll visit here every other time, Theo. But - I can't stay here forever, kiddo." I mess up his hair in a joking matter. I hope the lad would understand me.

He sighs and says, "I understand, Skylar." Boy, he just read my bloody mind.

He then takes me to the living room, with his hands all wrapped in mine. It didn't actually fit but it turned out to be just fine, for our matter.

I saw everyone, all busy cleaning up and all heading to the backyard. They spot me, and hugs were given to me in excitement. I was on the verge of dying, but in the good way - like, I could die right now because of seeing everyone I love.

I see my sister and everything I expected, didn't happen. I thought they were all going to ignore me the whole day. I thought I was just going to be with the kids for the rest of the day, but no. I was still comfortable with everyone. I was still okay with everyone - well, almost everyone. He was the only one who's not here, yet.

"He - he's coming, isn't he?" I stuttered as Gail laughs at my question.

"Yeah. You taught him not to be absent at important events but you never taught him how to avoid being late. He's shitty late." Gail answered, as she took a sip on her drink. I only laugh at her own shit going on right now.

"Welcome back, sis." Ash comes in the room, messing up my hair and giving me a quick kiss on top of my head. Like how he does to all of us, except for Gail who gets a kiss on the lips.

"Yeah. It's been so long, though." I answer back. I missed everything - I really did.

-

After getting welcomed by everyone, I take the offer of getting some rest for a few hours. I then go to me and Harry's old room, and I see the room, all cleaned up. It was all organized. My books were all alphabetized, the lampshade was still working, the scent of Harry being smelt on our bed. I was craving for him, and I didn't know why, I shouldn't even be thinking of him, or reminding any shit about him. God - I fucking suck at this. It's all my fault.