18. To You

Korea, July, 1961

The boy ran to his room, hiding the white envelope behind his back. He ran and quickly locked the door of his room before jumping on the bed, opening it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To my little baby♡,

I miss you so much, Jeongin. I miss you so so so much.

I don't like anything here. I want you. I want my kisses. And my head pats. I miss you so much.

I quit my job today, and I have started applying for the academies. I don't know if I will be selected or not, but I will try. For you. I will always try.

I know you can't come to me. I don't have any false hopes. So just wait for me, I'm gonna come to you. I promise.

Aunt Grace said she also wanted to write something to you.
(Hey kid, don't finish the deodorant that fast. I will send more for you when your boyfriend will come to meet you)

I can't believe she made me come to the store only to write about the deodorant?

Anyways, I'm back at the apartment right now.

It looks to empty. It feels so quite without you.

Oh! You know what happened yesterday!
There was this girl in the park, sitting next to me on the bench. She looked really frustrated over something, so I asked her 'Are you ok?' and she went 'These gay people are so disgusting OH MY GOD'.

Yes, she yelled that 'oh my god' part.

And then I said 'Omg I know right' and she looked at me and said 'You also think so right!? I swear to god, these 2-3 people supporting this shit out here and all these gays assholes should be killed! Shot dead!' and I said 'oh yeah yeah'. And then she, out of nowhere, went 'By the way, do you have a girlfriend?' so I looked at her and stared into her eyes and said 'No, but my boyfriend is waiting for me at home, I might have to leave now' and then I got up and left. I looked back at her, she was confused for a good minute. It was so funny.

Baby, I know you don't want to be in that house with those people. Don't worry, I'm gonna come to you. To hold you. Just wait for me, ok.

I miss you so much baby.

And the little flower my baby asked for ♡

-Your Hyungie
Only and Always yours