Chapter 39 ✦ Dainsleif and the Upside Down City

I recommend reading this chapter if you want some extra juicy plot twists hehehe. I also naturally, added on to the game's original plot.

"WAAHH!!"

"WAAHH!!"

Paimon suddenly screamed and flew behind Lumine.

"Geez.. you scared me. What is it?" Lumine squinted as she looked around the darkness that enveloped them. "You realize shouting like that exposes us and will attract monsters right?" Lumine whispered in an annoyed tone.

 "You realize shouting like that exposes us and will attract monsters right?" Lumine whispered in an annoyed tone

"S-sorry... it's so dark in here...Paimon thought she saw something move over there..." Paimon squeaked and pointed over in the distance. Lumine sighed.

"Paimon. Even if there is something moving over there, I can take it. You do know that, right?"

Lumine stopped walking and looked back at Paimon with her arms crossed.

"Uh...well... that's true. But Paimon can't help it. Paimon doesn't like places like this." She looked around for a moment and shivered.

One day had already gone by since their departure from Liyue. It was now their second day inside the Chasm and it had proven to be more complicated than she had anticipated. She had expected them to cross it within a few hours and two days in and they were still trying to figure the way to the tunnel.

"Do you think she messed with us and this isn't how we get to Sumeru..." Lumine mumbled to herself thoughtfully. It wouldn't even come as a surprise really but she would definitely give her a hard time if this was just a stupid kitsune prank.

"No way... kitsune's like to prank but this would be too much.." Paimon retorted.

"Can you imagine.. so much has happened here. It's unbelievable." Lumine gazed around thoughtfully. "The meteorite, the Archon War called the meteorite back, the solar chariot crashed here and then Rex Lapis and Azdaha fought here as well."

"Yep... but it's also where the invasion of the Abyss started as well..." Paimon said in a creeped out voice. "And seriously.. why are there so many Fatui agents down here. It gives Paimon the jeebie creepies!!!"