Chapter 41 ✦ Unspeakable feelings

WHEN LUMINE WOKE UP in the morning, she stretched her arms out and realized the bed was empty

WHEN LUMINE WOKE UP in the morning, she stretched her arms out and realized the bed was empty. She opened her eyes and looked up.

Paimon nor Childe was nowhere in sight.

She could hear Paimon's little chirpy voice mixed with Childe's and Tightnari's coming from outside and Paimon seemed to be impressed with whatever was happening.

"Do we get to keep some?" Paimon's voice was heard.

She flipped the bed covers over and walked to the door to brush aside the giant heavy woven forest tree leaves that served as the door to the little wooden house.

"Oh my god Childe what happened?!" Lumine said in a worried frown as she rushed over to Childe's side who was covered in blood marks all over him.

"Oh. Good morning Traveler." Tighnari's ears flipped up. He immediately returned his gaze to Childe after noticing that she was in a small nightgown.

The Harbinger looked up with raised brows as a clearly still half awake Lumine ran to his side in her small silk night gown to look at his arms and he chuckled.

"It's just animal blood. We went hunting—I'm so sorry, I think she's still half asleep." He chuckled apologetically to Tightnari and leaned in to whisper to Lumine.

"Not to sound like the typical jealous boyfriend but one little gust of breeze and Tighnari here is going to see a whole lot of adventurer."

Lumine blinked slowly and looked down at her small silky translucent night gown that stopped right below her hips and froze.

"Gods. Excuse me." She suddenly said turning red and immediately ran back inside the house followed by Paimon.

15 seconds later she ran back out dressed to his side with a question mark on her face.

"I helped the rangers hunt for their stock for the week this morning. Figured it's the least I could do in exchange for letting me sleep here for the next few days." He smiled at Tighnari amicably.

Lumine's shoulders relaxed but the frown stayed on her face while she looked at all the blood all over his body, still feeling suspicious and wanting to check for herself.

"Honestly, kind of insulted you thought that was my blood." He sighed and shook his head.

Tightnari laughed. "I must admit, after seeing what Childe can do here, I highly doubt anything in our rain forests are going to be a bother to him. He took out a gang of bandits in less than a minute. Could've mentioned he was a skilled fighter and a jack of all trades."

God even in a relaxing place like Sumeru he's out for blood first thing in the morning. What a total wacko.

She sighed dramatically before turning to Tighnari.

"I hope he didn't trouble you."

Childe squinted at her and Tighnari shook his head.

"He didn't trouble us, he helped us get a head start on our stock supplies for the whole week.. that's extremely helpful. We will be able to focus on other tasks that we normally can only get to by the end of the week. It's fantastic. The children of the village will get extra meet supplies for dinner. The kids are excited to have steak all week!" He smiled.