Chapter 40 ✦ Gandharva Ville

"Finally!!!"

"Finally!!!"

Lumine placed a hand against her forehead to protect her eyes and squinted at the strong sunlight that hit them in the face. In contrast to the darkness they had been succumbed in over the past 3 days, it took her pupils several minutes to adjust to the sudden brightness and shift of scenery.

The sounds of birds and all kinds of wildlife echoed through trees so high all around them that it looked as if they grazed the surface of the sky with their branches. Paimon stared at the scenery with her mouth hanging open. Different types of foliage and green lush exploded from all around them in vibrant colours. It felt like they had fallen inside a painting of an Amazon jungle.

Bright golden flowers surrounded the area that stood over 10 feet tall around them

"Unbelievable..." Lumine whispered at the sight in front of her.

"Paimon can already tell the food in this nation is going to be incredible!!!!" Paimon suddenly exclaimed and floated up and down gleefully.
At that very moment Lumine's stomach grumbled loudly and they exchanged looks before giggling.

"Alright the map says... we should be reaching Gandharva ville after a 10 min walk towards west from here. Seems like we're inside Avidya Forest?" She pointed towards the left side of their exit point from the Chasm on the map and Paimon nodded.

"Gandharva Ville here we come!!!" Paimon shouted excitedly and performs a few spins in the air.

"If I could fly right now I'd be doing the exact same thing." Lumine laughed at Paimon while she performed a few acrobatic flips in the air.

The feel of the sun shining on her skin and the wind through her hair was like coming out from the surface having been underwater in the dark for so long.

"By the way, we should head to Sumeru City if we want to meet Lesser Lord Kusanali."

"Yep but don't you want to make a short stop inside a neighbouring village for a break and snacks?"

"OOHH. You're right!" Paimon said with a stern expression.

As they made their way through they noticed someone walk by, however when Paimon called out to them for instructions they were ignored. The pair eyed each other with a weird glance before deciding to quietly follow the person, assuming it would lead them to an area with more people where they could ask for directions to Sumeru City.