31. 𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍.

Chapter 31~ Happy birthday Will.

𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 𝟐𝟐𝙣𝙙

"Ugh Arwen! What did I tell you about this stupid clock." Max suddenly shot up in bed and shook Arwen's shoulder, she shuffled around in bed before rubbing her eyes to see her girlfriend staring at her, "Max I took the batteries out a couple days ago after you complained the first time." Arwen groaned and turned over, "I can literally hear it."

"Well you can't because the batteries are not in there!" She snapped, instantly feeling bad, "I'm sorry." She turned back around to face her girlfriend, "sorry, I don't know what's making that noise but I promise I took the batteries out, just try and go back to sleep." Max laid back down, placing her head on Arwen's chest.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"Happy birthday Will!" The party gathered into Mike's basement with loads of presents for him, "happy birthday!" Arwen hugged him along with everyone else piling into the hug, "Steve you're crushing me." Dustin nudged him away, "thank you guys!" Will replied with a big smile on his face.

"Okay present opening time." Lucas grinned, "why are you excited? You're not getting any." Dustin stated, "yeah but my good friend Will here is great at sharing."

"Not that good." Will replied and picked up a present, "wait open mine first!" Robin said impatiently making Nancy smile at her, "no way, you got me a Nintendo game boy?" He looked up at her as she nodded, "thank you so much!" He practically tackled her, "that's so cool." The boys rushed over to look at it, "El come look at this."
"how did you afford a Nintendo?" Steve asked, "we work in family video dingus, staff discount."
"There's staff discount?!"

"Okay open mine now." Nancy handed it to Will earning a look from Jonathon who clearly wanted to give his present out first.

Will was opening the rest presents as Arwen watched him with a smile on her face when Max turned to her, "what did you say?" She asked,
"I didn't say anything." Max looked at her in confusion, "are you okay Max?" Arwen furrowed her eyebrows, "uh yeah, of course."

"I'm sorry Will, I'll be right back." Max abruptly stood up taking Arwen by surprise, she ran up the stairs with Arwen running behind her, "Max wait!" She followed her out to the front porch, "what's going on?"
"Nothing! It's nothing."
"Max. Have the nightmares started again?" She let out slowly, "no!"
"Max." She tilted her head not believing her which only made Max more annoyed, "I said no just leave it Arwen!"
"You know I won't just leave it, somethings clearly bothering you-"
"I don't deserve to be here." Max cut her off with a loud sob, "what are you talking about?! You're literally in the party Max, everyone wants you here." Arwen placed a hand on her shoulder which she pushed off, "no I mean I don't deserve to be here...alive." Her voice cracked as she let out the last word, "Max-"

"No- I wished for something bad to happen to him- you were there! Do you not think I'm a terrible person?" She cried, "no you are not a terrible person."

"I can't live with myself, I can't be here."
"Okay, okay Max, I need you to breathe." Arwen took in a deep breath along with Max, "I'm going to take you home okay? I'm really worried about you." Arwen admitted, trying not to break down crying, she needed to stay strong for Max.