65. 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟓.

I promise there's a plot coming 😭

Chapter 65~ Feels like 1985.

"You guys wanna come back to mine? We're starting the d&d campaign?" Mike approached Max and Arwen as they were walking out of the school parking lot, "I wish we could Mike but we both have checkups at the hospital." Arwen replied, "we can tomorrow." Max smiled, "it's okay, call me after?" He asked before they nodded and headed off.

~

"Arwen if you'd like to come in first." Dr. Evans came out into the waiting area with a warm smile on her face, "I'll see you in a bit." Arwen pressed a kiss on Max's lips before going with the doctor.

Being back in hospital made Max remember where she left off with Lydia and she wanted to at-least talk to her, she felt bad about lashing out at her.

"Hi, do you know which room Lydia Reynolds is in?" Max asked the receptionist, "I'll check for you now. Is she a relative or a friend?" The woman asked as she checked through the files, "a friend." Max replied, "oh." The woman's face suddenly changed from a smile, "I'm sorry, Lydia passed away yesterday afternoon."

"What?" Max slowly let out, "I'm so sorry do you...need anything." She asked as Max was inching away backwards, "can we get a nurse over here." The receptionist pointed to Max who suddenly went pale.

"Max?" Dr. Rogers saw what was happening and quickly came to Max's side who suddenly fell to the floor, "hey it's okay." She tried to hold Max up, "why does-" Max's voice cracked, "you need to breathe Max, okay?" Dr. Rogers instructed, "everyone around me dies." Max cried out, "that's not true Max."

"I think I need therapy now." Max sobbed, "of course, we'll get you the help you need honey."

"Oh my god Max!?" Arwen suddenly appeared and ran to Max and Dr. Rogers, "what happened?!" She crouched down next to her, "Lydia passed away." Dr. Rogers said making Arwen furrow her eyebrows, "Lydia? Who's Lydia?" She questioned.

~

After Max's breakdown, Dr. Rogers took Max for a talk as Arwen waited patiently for her to come out of the doctors office, she still had no idea who Lydia was. When the door opened Arwen immediately stood up and looked at Max, "I've been lying to you." Was the first thing Max said, "okay- okay let's go back to my house and we can talk."

~

"Who is Lydia, what happened Max?" Arwen asked gently, once they were back in her bedroom. Max had calmed down a little but hadn't uttered a word since the hospital.

"I met her at the hospital." Max started, taking a deep breath, "she had some rare blood disease so she basically lived there and we spoke a few times..." Tears started falling down her cheeks again, "it was just nice talking to someone that didn't know all my history but before you woke up she tried to kiss me." She finally admitted causing Arwen's eyes to widen, "oh-" Arwen let out, "I walked away and didn't speak to her again...I don't know why I even kept it a secret." Max finished making Arwen's facial expression soften, "Max...I am so sorry." Arwen whispered, placing a hand on her leg, "I feel so guilty about the last time I spoke to her...I was harsh and now she's dead and I can't do anything about it." Max cried, "everyone around me always dies. What is wrong with me?!" She cried louder.

"There is nothing wrong with you." Arwen embraced her, "I am so sorry this happened Maxie. You did nothing wrong okay? You aren't to blame for anything that's happened...you can't control things around you and you can't blame yourself." Arwen comforted her, "I am just so sorry this has happened." She repeated.

"It's not just that. I haven't been honest about anything." Her voice broke, "like what?" Arwen asked, "when I had no idea if I was ever going to see you again, I wanted to end it all. I couldn't be alive anymore." Max admitted, Arwen felt her heart instantly break, she had no idea it was this bad.