chapter 6 craftsmanship

the spring will start soon after the New Year, and the cotton-padded clothes should be put away at most for another two or three months.

As long as the clothes are not torn or damaged, they can continue to be worn next year.

Even if there is a body that is too small to wear, it can be transferred to the younger siblings below, and it is not wasteful at all.

The original plan was good, and the new clothes were about to be patched in an instant. It is no wonder that Liu Xiuyun's face is black.

Just as Liu Xiuyun frowned at a loss, Dong Jia smiled and walked over.

"Second Sister-in-law, let me try it."

"you?"
Liu Xiuyun looked at Dong Jia suspiciously, and looked at  her other two sister-in-laws

"Can you make it up?"
Liu Xiuyun didn't believe it. When she married into Dong's house, Dong Jia was still a cardamom girl, and she was not very talkative.

Until Dong Jia married into Lu's house at the age of eighteen, she never revealed her talent in needlework.

Dong Jia : "There should be no problem. If my sister-in-law believes me, let me try."

Liu Xiuyun handed the clothes suspiciously to Dong Jia. After handing them out, she was worried and confessed,

"If you can't do it, don't do it. The big deal is that I will spend money to find a tailor in town."

(the meaning is Don't spoil clothes)

"I know, sister-in-law, don't worry."
Dong Jia was not angry when she heard Liu Xiuyun's illocutionary meaning. Since she had spoken, she naturally had full confidence.

Her grandmother is from Suzhou. It is said that she was also a very famous family in Suzhou. She married her grandfather. Her grandmother has excellent Su embroidery craftsmanship. She taught Dong Jia this skill. Although her craftsmanship is not as good as that of grandmother, it is certainly no problem to make up a dress.

Dong Jiahui took the clothes of the hammer and returned to the room. This room was originally a utility room where the house was piled up. After Dong Jia came back, Chen Guixiang asked the family to clean it up and made a bed for her

Such a room is simply incomparable to the place where she used to live. but now there is three brothers  and sister-in-laws  and their children... she can't complain and before marriage  she was the only little girl so... that she was spoiled by her family since she was a child.... but now situation  is change...

But no matter what kind of environment people are in, they must learn to adapt to the environment. The living environment of this era is like this. It is already great happiness to have a bed to sleep and a place to shelter from the wind and rain.

Threading the needle and threading, the technique was fast and exquisite, and it took less than ten minutes before and after that, when Dong Jia came out with the clothes, everyone was shocked.

"Hey? I really can't see it, Jia when did you have this craft?"

Not only was the hole sewn, but there was no trace of it. If you didn't know where it was broken in advance, you wouldn't be able to find it if you looked for it carefully.

"sister-in-law don't embarrasse me"

Dong Jia changed the subject lightly. Fortunately, the Dong family didn't think much about it. They all thought that this was what she learned after marrying the Lu family.

"This craft is more than enough to be a tailor."

Craftsmen are popular these days. There are tailors at the cloth sales counter of the supply and marketing agency. They can help make clothes and sew and repair. According to everyone, this is the effect of sending this piece of clothing to the tailor. It's not necessarily better than Dong Jia's.

"Jia, your ability to sew clothes has improved very quickly. I remember that you couldn't make up your socks before."

The third sister-in-law Zhao Lijuan spoke quickly, and she knew what was wrong when she said this, so she hurried to see Dong Jia's expression, for fear of irritating her.

Sewing and mending are delicate work, and practice makes perfect. Dong Jia  sews a button before getting married, but the buttons are not sewn neatly. Now the craftsmanship is so good, why does she make progress so fast?

dong Jia  : It's okay, it's over, I'm not sad at all."

Seeing everyone's cautious eyes, Dong Jia smiled and expressed her attitude, but everyone did not believe that she was really not sad, only when she was laughing in a strong face.

Chen Guixiang rolled her eyes, she wanted to shed tears when she thought of the suffering of her daughter in Lu's house.

"Okay, now that the clothes have been patched up, let's have dinner."

Tucked at the corner of her eye, Chen Guixiang greeted everyone for a meal.

The simple corn gnocchi soup, which was mixed with pickles, was very salty and appetizing. Even the smallest Xiaoman ate a small bowl.
"Where's the hammer, it's dark and he won't come back?"

Dong Aimin drank two large bowls of soup and found out that his eldest son Hammer was not at home.

"What are you afraid that he is hungry?"
Because the clothes were patched up, Liu Xiuyun's anger had already disappeared for the most part, but the hammer was always naughty, and the basket full of mistakes he did, even his mother didn't have much patience.

"There is a bowl of soup left in the kitchen, and I will tell him when he comes back."

Chen Guixiang knocked on the table and confessed that every meal in the family is counted. A few people eat, roughly how much each person eats, to ensure that no one will be hungry. Even if he is not at home when eating, he can’t miss his bite.