chapter 57 Jia's kindness

In the afternoon, the family went to work, but Dong Jia was still at home alone with Ying.

"Send the chicken to the chicken ring in the evening, and then make dinner."
Zhang Qiao said two sentences and left.

"Ying, it's the two of us at home again. What do you want to eat tonight, or should I make rice cakes for you?"
Since Zhang Qiao gave her the cooking, and as soon as she walked in, Dong Jia still wanted to cook two meals, which also meant her craftsmanship is good
Making hair cakes is easier than making steamed buns, and the steps are simpler. The first step is to mix the cornmeal with flour, add yeast and brown sugar, and mix the noodles with warm water.

After making the noodles, spread a piece of gauze on the steamer, oil the areas that can touch the noodles, use chopsticks to pick the made noodles into the steamer, and smooth the dough with water or oil on hands. Cover the lid and start to ferment.
The fermentation time is determined by the temperature, the summer time is shorter, the winter time is longer, and it is considered successful when the noodles are about twice the original volume.

At this time, if there are candied red dates in the house, she can sprinkle a layer, but Jia just married . so she don't know if Zhao's family has these. When adding the noodles, she has already added brown sugar, so she won't add it today.

The preliminary work is over, the next step is to steam the noodles on the pot. When steaming, cover with a piece of gauze to prevent water vapor from dripping in.

According to Dong Jia's experience, steaming for 20 minutes is enough for this size of steamed cake.

Don't open the lid immediately after steaming. Wait until the temperature drops and then gently uncover the gauze. Shake the steamer lightly for a few times. After the steamed cake is loose, it will fall down on the chopping board.

Dong Jia pinched the big thumb and tasted it. It tasted sweet, soft and not sticky to teeth.

"Ying.. try it, it's delicious."
Dong Jia cut a small piece to Ying , and blew it before her mouth. When she finished chewing, she smiled and asked,

"Ying , is the cake delicious?"

Ying nodded as she ate. Children always like to eat sweet things. Brown sugar is added to the rice cake. The sweetness of brown sugar and the aroma of cornmeal blend perfectly. It is soft and soft, and children naturally like to eat it.

Jia : "Then do you still want to eat?"

Ying nodded vigorously.

"Little clever ghost."
Dong Jia squeezed Ying's small face, and sighed that the child's skin was good, it was not slippery in the hand, like soft tofu.

When she is her age, no matter how good the care is, she will not have the smooth and tender skin touch of children.

"Here, here's a piece for you. Sit there and eat slowly. I'm about to start making dinner, you know?"

Ying nodded obediently, and sat alone on the small bench, obediently, gnawing at sweet cake like a bunny.
After finishing the first drawer, Dong Jia made another drawer. Because of previous experience, this drawer became more successful after mastering the fire.

After making the cake, Dong Jia started cooking porridge, cornmeal and sweet potato porridge, heating up the remaining vegetables, and also fried some pickles, but did not make the others.

She also has to consider the situation at home while cooking. She can’t lose all the inventory at home at once. It’s true that her mother-in-law will never let her into the kitchen again.
Stuff the cooked rice in the pot, and look at the time, everyone will be back soon.

After driving a few hens back to the chicken pen, Dong Jia took the dried clothes and sheets back into the house, and sat on the bedside and folded them up.

The bell of the "jingle bell" rang, it was Zhao Donglin who came back first. After he entered the door, he looked around. He didn't see Jia's figure in the yard and then entered the room. Dong Jia was sitting on the bed and folding clothes. , Ying was playing on the sofa.

"came back?"

Dong Jia had heard the sound of the bicycle a long time ago and knew that Zhao Donglin had returned.

She folded her clothes and looked back, a gentle smiling face filled Zhao Donglin's heart as warm and comfortable as cotton batting that had been tanned in winter.

He smiled at Dong Jia.. stretched out his hand and took Ying into his arms.

"Ying are you good at home today?"

Ying  hugged Zhao Donglin’s neck and lowered her head and did not speak. In fact, Dong Jia had discovered that Ying  was not close to Zhao Donglin, including Yang. they were  little afraid of him. Perhaps Zhao Donglin had been absent from the role of his father for too long. The children are a little strange to him, right?

Dong Jia smiled and said,

"Ying is very obedient After a nap, she doesn't get noisy  she also ate two small pieces of rice cake."

Ying  looked at Dong Jia and smiled, with a childish shyness in her smile.
Zhao Donglin smiled and touched Ying's head, and exclaimed,

"You and Ying relationship is better than mine her relationship. She has fallen in love with you in just one day."

After returning from the army, he wanted to take good care of his children. Who knows that when he enters the village to work, he doesn't have much time at home every day. Usually his mother and sister care his children

As for Yang ... he took him to sleep every night before. At that time, he thought Yang was okay, very lively and sensible, but from these two days, his performance was not satisfactory.

"Maybe I have experience  with children, and my niece likes me too."

Zhao Donglin smiled. The children are the simplest. they treats whoever treats them well. Like Ying she is the closest to his mother and Meixiang at home, because they spend a lot of time and energy, even if it’s him. As a father, it’s not easy to get close to his own daughters because he don’t have spend much time with her.

It is because of Dong Jia's patience with the children that his children like her in one day. Ying felt Dong Jia's kindness and was willing to get close and like her.

After the heat got darker, the Zhao family returned home one after another. In the past few days, the live crops in the field had to step up plowing to plant winter wheat before it froze.