chapter 14 Retirement

Zhang Qiao entered the door and didn't notice that there were other people in the yard. When she heard the voice of her elder son, she thought she had hallucinations. She looked up and saw a tall and burly young man in military uniform standing in the yard. Wasn't it her elder son Donglin? ?

Zhang Qiao : "Donglin? Why are you back?"

Zhao Donglin didn't answer immediately. He walked over and took the bamboo basket on Zhang Qiao's back, and took his daughter Ying into his arms.

Ying was only seven months old, and she hadn’t come to recognize someone. She had a good temper. She could hug anyone on weekdays without crying or making trouble. At this time, when she was held in her arms by her father, she just stared at the grapes like eyes

Staring at Zhao Donglin with big eyes, the white and tender face was dull and cute, and Zhao Donglin's heart was softened.

He has never seen Ying. This is the first time their father and daughter met in their lives.

To be precise, the only role that he plays was to provide  his seeds in Ying's birth... and he did not participate in the rest of the matter. Not only Ying, but also for his son yang.

Thinking about it this way, Zhao Donglin felt that Wang Mei's choice to leave was not unreasonable.

Other people’s husbands are at home every day, and they work together at sunrise and sunset. When the wife is pregnant and giving birth, the husband is by her side and can take care of  wife’s needs at all times, and he will stay with her for several years after marriage.

but about him...he spend time with her has only been more than two months, and he has been absent from many important moments. She has reasons for resentment and dissatisfaction.

Zhang Qiao : "Donglin, why did you come back suddenly and didn't say anything in advance. How long have you been in the bus? Are you hungry? I'll go and give you the whole meal first."

Zhao Donglin smiled while holding Ying's small hand, and said to Zhang Qiao
"Mom, no, I ate dry food on the road."

The steamed buns were pickled vegetables. The comrades asked the cooking team to prepare them for him. The troops' steamed buns were big and strong, one topped two. On the way, he ate twelve steamed buns. he really didn't feel hungry

After that, he kissed Ying’s little cheek, and handed Ying to Zhang Qiao. He carried the bamboo basket to the pigsty and fed the pig food to the pigs.
...........

Zhao Manzhu was holding a pipe of sweat in his hand, sitting on the bench by the table and smoking it bit by bit. He was an authentic farmer who bowed his head and was willing to be a bull in his whole life. Because of his hard work, he was less than 60 years old. The vicissitudes of the years have been covered here.

Zhang Qiao sat on the other side of the square table with a dark face.

"Parents, let's eat first, let's talk after we finish eating."

Because she is happy ... her son is back, Zhang Qiao deliberately cooked something richer than usual for dinner today, such as scrambled eggs with leeks, stewed bacon with cabbage, radishes, and fried pickles.

It was supposed to be a reunion meal, because Zhao Donglin told the news of his retirement, the old couple completely lost their appetite.

It's the honor of being a soldier this year. It's really a glorious one person joining the army, and the whole family is glorious.

In addition to honor, the treatment of soldiers is good. Take Zhao Donglin as an example. The company commander ranks with a monthly allowance of 76 yuan. There are also subsidies such as food stamps and fuel tickets. This treatment can not be matched by the production team leader. Only the cadres of the commune.

Zhang Qiao : "DongLin, there is still room for you to leave the army. I and your dad really can't accept it. If you say that you are worried about your children , I promise you that I will raised them well and not cause you trouble. "

Zhang Qiao happened to take three people name...to took care and to feed the children of Donglin...

Zheng Yuefen was Zhao Donghe’s (brother) wife. The two had been married for more than three years and gave birth to a son named Shane

Zhao Donglin knew that his parents would not be able to pass this level if he didn't explain clearly, so he put down his chopsticks and spoke in a very solemn tone.

"I came back from the military after careful consideration. I have all the materials done. I know you can't accept it all at once. I didn't tell you in advance because I was afraid you would stop it."
"I have been away from home for over ten years. At first, I really wanted to stay in the army for a lifetime, but my leg was injured last year. Although it seemed to be well-trained later, the sensitivity of the reaction was not comparable to that before."
"I am divorced from Wang Mei, and there are two children in the family. I can't throw them at you no matter what, and I don’t want to be so irresponsible. I haven’t taken care of them since they were born. I want to take care of them in the future. Take the responsibility of being a father."

Zhao Donglin said so, Zhang Qiao and Zhao Manzhu's attention was on the sentence of leg injury.

Zhang Qiao : "Which of your legs is injured? How is it now?"