chapter 155 1st day of business

They can't wait to make up for the lost time.

After eating lunch early, Jia and Zhao Donglin set off with Meixiang.

The eggs, peanuts, and melon seeds had been bought the day before. The tea eggs had been marinated all night.

The first time they did business, they couldn’t figure out the specific situation. Jia didn’t  dared to do more and only prepared about twenty tea eggs.

"Sister-in-law, do you think we will go well today?"

On the bus, Meixiang asked Jia nervously.

"Relax. If you can't sell it, you can't beat it. Let's take it home and eat it ourselves."

Meixiang smiled,

"I really can't bear to eat."

After speaking, she comforted herself again,

"But I believe we can sell it. How can we not sell delicious things?"

Jia patted her on the head and turned to look out the window without speaking.

The movie theater opened at 12 noon. After lunch at home, the three of them set off by car.

Jia and Meishan carried baskets of ingredients. The briquettes were in charge of Zhao Donglin.

There are also food stalls near the cinema, some pushing tricycles selling apples and oranges, and some selling rice sticks and confectionery.

After arriving at the cinema, Jia first went to the comrades selling tickets and asked to meet them who manage the cinema.

"Are you looking for something to do with me?"

"That's it. We want to borrow a place in your movie theater to sell some food. Is it convenient for you?"

The movie theater actually sells things, but it's not as rich as later generations. It just sells some soft drinks. The director finds that they are vegetable baskets, pots and stoves, which is quite interesting.

"You guys are quite prepared."

The dean is a middle-aged man in his forties, wearing glasses, not tall, very thin, and looks a little shrewd.

"It's all about making a little money, boss, we sell food. Customers must drink water after eating. Then can you sell more bottles of soda?"

According to his usual personality, it is impossible to agree to this matter, but Jia and the others' ideas aroused his curiosity. He wanted to see if he could sell the food. After thinking about it, he agreed.

"Okay, I will lend you the place, you can sell it first."

If it sells well, movie theaters can also sell it, right?

This is called "throwing stones and asking for directions." The dean is not a fool, but he also made a request that the place should not be soiled.

"Don't worry, Dean, we will pay attention."

By the way, Jia borrowed tables and chairs from the movie theater, and put the briquettes on the stove first, and then continued to heat the tea and eggs cooked in the soup pot. The melon seeds and peanuts were also placed on the table. As for the semi-finished chicken rice flowers, prepare a serving in advance. Guests taste.

The movie began at 12 o'clock, and around 11:40, people who watched the movie came one after another.

"Hey, there are still food for sale today?"

The location of the small booth is very obvious, and everyone can see it at a glance.

Most people who come to watch movies on weekends are couples. Those who are not couples are on the way to becoming couples. .. men must be more generous. Seeing that women are interested, they naturally want to accompany them.

No matter what the background, men have to be more generous if they want to chase girls.

"What's this? Eggs?"
Everyone first became interested in tea eggs.

"This is a tea egg, boiled with tea, it tastes very fragrant, one for a dime, you can buy one if you are interested."

Raw eggs cost six cents each. On the first day of today, Jia only prepared forty eggs. In addition to tea leaves, various spices and seasonings were added to the stewed soup, which can be reused.

"Let's have two tea eggs, and the melon seeds will weigh some for us."

Melon seeds and peanuts are all called in stores. The national retail price is unified. Jia sells them at a higher price than in stores. Fortunately, customers don't care about the price difference.

After Jia wrapped the melon seeds and tea eggs in oil paper, the other party pointed at the chicken rice flower and asked,

"What is this?"

(In the 1970s, KFC had not yet entered the domestic market. Naturally, people had never seen such an exotic product as chicken rice flower.)

Jia explained with a smile,

"This is called Chicken Rice Flower, made with chicken. You can taste it and buy what you like."

"Really? Then I will try one."
The person took a bite, savored it seriously, and nodded to other guy beside him after a few seconds.

"It tastes good, it's fragrant, it's chicken."

And there is a feeling of wanting to eat after eating.

The other man received the look of his female partner and began to inquire about the price.

"How do you sell this?"

"Two cents for one  ."

Chicken is 80 cents a catty, two chickens weighed four catties and three taels, and the shaved meat was more than two catties, wrapped in steamed buns and made into semi-finished products and weighed three catties and six taels, that is to say, the cost of meat is three yuan. For four cents, it can sell for seven two cents, with a profit of three and seven cents.

In the case of tea eggs, one can earn at least three cents, and today's forty eggs make a profit of one and two cents.

The profit is considerable, depending on whether it can be sold or not. If you know that the average worker in the city earns about one dollar a day's salary.

The female partner hesitated a little. After all, the movie ticket was only 30 cents. they had already bought tea eggs and melon seeds, and it seemed a bit of a prodigal to spend more money.