Devil May Care: Final Part

You're about to do some serious damage when the diner in front of you lights up in white light. The angel inside Sam must have come out to play. Abaddon looks over at the diner in shock, loosening her grip on you.

"An angel?!"

"What, did you really think we'd come here without some backup?"

You look behind her and see a store window with some old mannequins. There are some clothes on metal hangers, and your hands light up blue just as your magic circles around the hanger. It wiggles itself free from the clothes before smashing through the glass window. The pointy side flies through the air at a great speed, and it impales Abaddon in the back.

You move your head back when the hanger comes out the other side, just inches from your neck. She gasps and staggers, and you take this opportunity to escape. You blast her back into the same store where the hanger came from. She lands in the store in a cloud of dust, and you rotate your shoulders to get the blood flowing again.

You get up and run over to the store only to see Abaddon gone and a bloody hanger in her place. Forgetting about her, you rush into the diner to see Dean and Sam standing around the demons' dead bodies along with Irv's. Sam has blue eyes, so you know it's the angel possessing him that's out right now.

"What the hell happened here?" you ask as Ezekiel pulls out the demon knife from one of the demons' chests.

"They were going to kill him, Y/N. I was protecting his brother. I thought that was what you two wanted."

"Yeah," you sigh. This is getting too heavy for you. Sam should know who is inside his body, but Dean has different views. "Is Sam okay?"

"He was knocked unconscious. In a way he still is. Sam will not remember any of this."

"So, what the hell are we supposed to tell him when he comes to?" Dean asks.

"That's why I used the knife," Ezekiel says, handing the demon knife over to Dean. "You might come up with a better excuse."

"Smart."

"You are troubled, still."

"Yeah, it's just that this is on me. I was the one who talked Sam out of boarding up Hell. Okay? So, every demon deal and every kill that they make, you're looking at the person who let it happen."

You roll your eyes and turn your back to Dean so he doesn't see how sick and tired you are of him using that excuse.

"You were protecting your brother. I am in Sam's head. Everything he knows, I know. I know that what you did, you did out of love."

"Look, Zeke--I'm gonna call you Zeke--if any of this goes sideways, that's on me too."

"Shut up with the 'it's my fault' shit. It's not your fault. Stop fucking acting like it. God damn," you snap. "Sam is his own person. He chose to listen to you. He could have gone through with it, but he didn't, so it's on all of us, not just you."

Dean is stunned into silence as your words weigh heavily on his shoulders.

"This is nuts," he finally says. "You're Sam but you're not Sam. If I can't talk to Y/N about it, then I'm usually talking to him. I'm trusting you, Zeke. I just gotta hope that you're one of the good guys."

"I am, but I suppose that is what a bad guy would say." He pauses before speaking again. "Dean Winchester, you are doing the right thing."

Ezekiel falls back into Sam's mind, and when your brother-in-law comes out, he falls on the ground since he is knocked out. Now that the dust has settled, you turn to Dean hoping he has moved on from what you said.