The Purge: Part One

Things haven't improved between you, Sam, and Dean. You three agreed to work together again, but it's like they're making it a chore. They clearly don't trust each other, and Sam is making it more difficult for everyone by making little snide comments whenever you and Dean do something.

You refuse to fight in front of the kids because you don't want them to see it despite knowing they know about it. They're not dumb, they can sense the tension. Noah's being smart and not commenting on it, but you overheard Joanna ask her dad why he wasn't happy with Uncle Sam.

When this will get better, you're not sure. You're just doing whatever you can to try and keep the peace between them.

"Mama, I wanna go outside and play," Joanna says as she stuffs her face with breakfast.

"Yeah, me too," Noah chimes.

"I'm sorry, baby, but I can't take you to the park right now or even today."

"We're always stuck inside this Bunker. I want to go out and play basketball or do something outside," Noah sighs.

Your heart quenches in pain at the thought of you keeping your children from being children. This is what John did to you, and now you're doing it to your kids.

"We should have a backyard where they can play," you say to Dean who has been silent next to you. "There is an open field next to us that's not even being used."

"It's not safe. Anything outside of this Bunker isn't safe for them to play on their own. Any kind of monster could be watching this place, waiting to take them away. I'm not going to let that happen."

You're the Sapphire Witch. You can do anything you put your mind to just like you made that ladder appear when you and Dean got captured by Bonnie who wanted to eat reformed virgins. If you can do that, then you can damn well make your own safe backyard that the kids can play in without the fear that they'll be taken by monsters.

The Mark on your collarbone gives you the kind of power you dream about, so there is no way you can't build your dream backyard. The Sapphire Witch can create pockets of reality that follow her rules and her rules only, and you're more than capable of creating a monster-free zone.

"So, the only thing you're concerned about is safety?"

"Yes."

"I can work with that," you smile. Sam walks into the kitchen and grabs some breakfast, but he doesn't look at his brother. "Sam, if you could have a backyard, what would you want in it?"

"A vegetable garden."

"What about you, Dean?" Dean looks at you as if you're crazy, but you roll your eyes. "Humor me."

"Kitchen/grill/bar area, I guess."

"I want a big treehouse," Joanna grins.

"I like playing basketball," Noah chimes in.

Maryann squeals and hits her tray, causing food to clatter to the floor. If she could talk, she'd want a playground, you think. Everyone has good ideas, and your brain is already working into overdrive trying to think of a way everyone can be happy.

"I found us a case," Dean changes the subject. "There's a strange death in Stillwater, Minnesota. A competitive eater died after a hot dog-eating contest."

"Death by tube steak?" Sam jokes.

"If only. He got attacked in his car, but he shrunk from three hundred pounds to ninety pounds. It could be witchcraft or a heavy-duty laxative. Are you game?"

"Yeah."

"Good, I'll be ready in five."

Dean gets up, but Sam stops him from leaving.