Road Trip: Final Part

Castiel ties Sam to a chair with warded handcuffs and a chin and head restraint while Crowley sits across from him. Sam groans and tries to crack his neck but can't because of the restraint. He glares at all four of you knowing he's trapped for the time being.

"Welcome to the party, pal. Cas, how we lookin'?" Dean asks.

"Most of Sam's internal burns have healed. I should be able to fix the rest. What's your name? I thought I knew every angel in Heaven, but I've never seen you."

"Why would I tell you anything?"

"I don't give a damn who you are. You need to get out. Now!"

"If I don't?"

"You really want to ask that question?" you threaten with your magic.

"Even bound, I can rip this body apart. Tell them, Castiel," the angel smirks.

"If you do, you die."

"You want this to end? Go ahead. Put a blade through your brother's heart. If it makes you feel better, I have Sam locked away in a dream. As far as he knows, the two of you are working a case right now--something with ghouls and cheerleaders."

"Why are you doing this, huh? We fought together, and I trusted you. I thought you were one of the good guys!" Dean yells.

"I am doing what I have to do."

"So are we."

Dean nods to Crowley who gets up and grabs a large, thick needle from a nearby tray. He even brought his own torture devices.

"So am I," Crowley grins.

The angel has no choice but to let Crowley do whatever he wants, and that includes sticking long needles into Sam's forehead to get the angel to talk. If he goes deep enough, he can make the angel confess to everything, but it's going to take a lot to get him to that point. He screams every time Crowley adds a new needle into the mix until there are about five of them lodged into his forehead.

This process is taking hours, but it sounds like nothing is coming of it. To Crowley and Castiel, they're hurting the angel, but to you and Dean, it's Sam's screams. Dean is having a really hard time hearing his brother scream in pain, so he tries to distance himself from seeing it. He is about to cry, so you follow him off to the side so he can do that.

He wipes his eyes when he hears someone coming, but when he sees it's you, he breaks down. You pull him in for a hug, and he cries into your neck. Castiel sees this and tries to come over, but you shake your head to stop him.

"I know. It's not Sam, though," you whisper to your husband.

Dean calms down enough for Castiel to come over, and he wipes his eyes to put up that tough front.

"Sorry, I can't watch that anymore," Dean sighs.

"I understand. It's not Sam, but it's still Sam."

"Pretty much, yeah. How are you doing?"

"You want to talk about me now?" Castiel asks, surprised.

"I want to talk about anything that's not a demon sticking needles into my brother's brain. Humor me, man. How are you doing?"

"Uh, I'm okay."

"Good. So, what, you just change the batteries out and power back up? Is it that easy?"

"It wasn't easy, and I didn't have a choice."

"That's usually how it goes." Dean pauses and then sighs. "Cas, I'm sorry."

"About what?"

"Kicking you out of the bunker, and for not telling you about Sam."

"You thought his life was at stake."