Road Trip: Part One

The tears drop from your eyes onto Kevin's dead body. He didn't deserve the shit you put him through, and he ended up dying in the end. He deserved to be out and to live his life, not stuck inside the Bunker translating some tablet he never asked to translate.

"I'm so sorry," you whimper and move his hair out of his face.

Dean wants to be sad; he wants to cry right next to you, but he's mega pissed. He's packing up every kind of weapon he owns because he's going after Sam whether or not it's him.

"Y/N, come on," Dean sighs.

"He didn't deserve this," you sob.

"Dean."

You and your husband look to the right and see Castiel standing there. Dean must have prayed to him.

"Cas. Look at you, all suited up and back in the game."

"I came as soon as you called. I was—" Castiel looks around the library to see books and papers strewn across the room and the broken chair that you blasted Not-Ezekiel over. He sees your tear-stained face but he can't see Kevin yet. He takes a few steps and sees the dead prophet on the ground. "Dean, Y/N, what happened?"

"Dean, you have to tell him," you sniffle.

"Tell me what?"

Dean can't pretend anymore, and he falls back onto the chair in defeat. He comes clean to Castiel about everything that happened since Sam almost completed the trials.

"Sammy was dying. What were we supposed to do?"

"You let an angel possess him?"

"He said it was the only way, and I believed him. Now Sam's gone and Kevin's..."

You sniffle in sadness before looking down at Kevin's body. His mother doesn't even know he's dead, and you don't know how you're going to tell her.

"Dean, Y/N, I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, well, sorry don't pay the bills. It sure as hell ain't gonna bring Kevin back. We got to find that son of a bitch."

"Dean, if the angel possessing Sam isn't Ezekiel, then who is it?"

"A dead man walking."

"You're going to kill him? If you do that, it'll kill Sam," you say and look at him.

"I'm aware."

"Dean, this is what you've been trying to prevent from happening. You can't kill him!"

"If I don't end Sam and that halo burns him out... God, I was so damn stupid."

"You were stupid for the right reasons," Castiel says.

"Yeah, like that matters."

"It does. Sometimes that's all that matters." Dean hears him, but he isn't listening to Castiel. "Listen to me. Sam is strong. If he knew an angel was possessing him, he could fight. He could cast the angel out."

"Maybe, but as far as I know, he's in the dark. I don't know how we clue him in."

"I could go inside his mind. I've done it before," you suggest.

"How can you talk to Sam and fight off an angel at the same time? We need another plan."

"Do you remember Alfie?" Castiel asks. "Before he died, he told me demons were able to dig into his mind and access his coding. We might be able to do that here. We might be able to bypass the angel and talk directly to Sam. It's worth a try."

"Where do we start?"

The only person who can help you is someone you don't want to involve. He's just going to end up screwing you over in the end. Dean and Castiel don't have another option but to go to him. After all, he's locked inside your dungeon. Castiel gets up to head down to Crowley, but you refuse to move from Kevin's side. Dean passes by you, expecting you to follow, but you don't move from your spot.