Stairway to Heaven: Part Two

"So, Abaddon is dead? Oh, no," Castiel sighs after listening to Sam.

"Okay, that's very ominous."

"Does Dean and Y/N seem different to you?"

"Yeah. Lately, Dean's been amped up and on edge about everything. I thought Y/N was fine until this morning. She has a fever, sweating, and shaking but she's not sick. She seems a little paranoid if you ask me."

"Are they the effects of the Mark?"

"What else would it be?"

"I agree he does seem angrier and she is more paranoid. I mean, he's always been angry, but I think a part of him actually believed that I ordered those angels to kill themselves. Do you think that?"

"No, man. You got a weird thing going on back there. Those other angels look at you like you're a rockstar."

"They've put their faith in me."

"Maybe that's the problem. People have been doing messed up shit in the name of faith--in the name of God--since forever."

"I'm not trying to play God. I'm trying to get my people home."

"Yeah, I get it."

Castiel is right, you and Dean are very different since taking on the Mark of Cain. Yes, it's giving you more power that you don't know what to do with but all that power must come with consequences. It's going to bite you in the ass sooner or later, and you're not prepared to handle what might come of it.

Hannah called in some angels working in the hospital that Oren worked in so you and Dean can question them. He's a lot more stable than you, so he's doing the questioning right now. You're pacing the corner muttering to yourself and making no sense at all. This paranoia isn't helping your anxiety, and it's making you think things that aren't true and see things that aren't there.

"Is she okay?"

"She's fine. Focus on me. What do I call you?"

"My angelic name is eighteen syllables long. Let's stick with Flagstaff."

"Copy. So, you knew this Oren guy?"

"We worked together at the hospital. He was a joy to be around, bright and full of life."

"Is there anything else you can tell me about him? For example, why he'd light his own fuse."

"No. Can I go? I have lives to save."

"Welcome to the club." Flagstaff glances at you and smirks. "Is there something funny?"

"Not funny 'ha-ha', but you 'helping' these people is amusing. I help people. A clogged artery here, a tumor there. I do good in this world. You believe every problem can be solved with a gun. You play the hero but underneath the hype, you're a killer with oceans of blood on his hands. I hate men like you."

All Dean sees is red. He flips the table off to the side, leaps to his feet, and shoves Flagstaff on her back. You jump at the sudden noise and look over at your husband in shock. He takes out a knife and holds it to her throat, and she is overcome with fear.

"Honey, there ain't no other men like me."

"Dean, stop it!" You pull Dean off her but use more force than you think, causing Dean to go flying across the room. Luckily, he lands on his feet but he wasn't expecting that coming from you. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry!"

"Did Oren have any friends?" Dean yells at her.

"Just Constantine and Tessa."

She gets up on shaky legs, and you go back to pacing in the corner.