Dog Dean Afternoon: Part Four

"I'm going to call Kevin."

Sam takes out his phone and dials your young friend, and Dean sniffs the room as if something delicious is there. He looks around the room and settles on you but you don't know why. Sam keeps the conversation short and hangs up when he's done.

"So, apparently, the Inuit spell has some side effects."

"Oh, well, that would have been nice to know before I downed it! What kind of side effects?" Dean sighs.

"When you mind meld with an animal, it's possible to start exhibiting some of its behavior."

"Well, how long am I gonna have the urge to...?"

"Sniff butts?" Colonel laughs.

"Oh, whoa. Hey. I don't have the urge to sniff butts," Dean defends himself.

"Yet."

"Do you really h-have the urge to--"

"No! Come on!" Dean cuts his brother off.

Joanna giggles and Dean points a finger at her. She buries her head in your chest and continues to giggle. You can't help but laugh, but you don't shy away from Dean's glare.

"Come on, this is funny," you laugh.

"Well, Kevin doesn't know how long it'll last. It's not like it's an exact science, you know? Hopefully, when the spell wears off, so will the side effects."

"Okay, well, we need to bring Colonel back to the animal shelter. Maybe we can figure out something else," you say and get up after setting Joanna on her feet. "Sam, do you mind taking the kids to the car?"

"Yeah. Are you okay with this, Noah?"

"Yeah," he nods shyly.

"We'll be right there." Sam takes the kids and Zeus to the car as you gather your things. "We can have Colonel ride in the back with Zeus. That car is very spacious inside."

"What is that smell?"

"What smell?"

Dean sniffs the air and walks closer to you. He presses his body into yours and shoves his face into your neck. You giggle when his stubble tickles your neck, but that giggle stifles into a moan when he nips at your skin.

"You smell like my favorite meal," he growls.

"Dean, stop it," you blush hard. As much as it pains you, you push him away. He tries to go back for more, but you're adamant this time. "You need to take it down a notch. Next thing I know, you'll want to do it doggy style."

You take the leash from Dean and walk Colonel outside.

"Can we?"

Dean is desperate but it's amusing to see him this way. He locks the motel door and jogs to catch up to you before taking the leash from you.

"Where are we headed?" Colonel asks.

"Back to the shelter."

"To sniff out more clues, maybe dig up something we missed?" he chuckles.

"Alright, one more doggy pun out of you, and I'm gonna have your nuts clipped."

You can't believe Dean is having a conversation with a dog like he's a person. You're never going to let him live this down.

"I hate to break it to you, Hoss. My sack's emptier than Santa's after Christmas."

Something white rains down on the car, and you look up to see a pigeon perched on the street lamp right above the white spot.